Why don't I receive Wireless Emergency Alerts on my iPhone 4?
brota

There have been a few alerts in my area where everyone around me at work receives the message but I never have.  Everyone uses Verizon services.  I searched around and there should be alert settings on any 4 running iOS 6.0 or higher, which I have, but I do not have the settings. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why don't I receive Wireless Emergency Alerts on my iPhone 4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brota,

Oh No! I'm extremely sorry to learn that you're having issues accessing your emergency alerts on your device. As a consumer, I understand the importance of having access to this feature 24/7. To access this feature please select Settings>Notifications>Emergency Alerts. Once here you will be able to toggle your desired selection. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
M_Pate

Hi...I just upgraded to iOS6 to get the emergency notifications, but there is no option for Emergency Alerts when I go into Notifications.  I have an iPhone 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi M.Pate,

That's not good! I know how annoying unwanted alerts can be. Let's get this fixed. Click here for directions to turn off Wireless Emergency Alerts http://vz.to/UQYrzo. Have a great day!

Pamela_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Deb31

I am having the same problem.  There is no "Emergency Alert" option under the notifications center.  I have iOS 6.1.3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Deb3

I want to ensure you're able to receive emergency alerts as well!  The alerts are on by default on the iOS 6 devices.  You will only receive alerts if you are in the area of the emergency.  You won't receive the alert if your device is off, as it will only retry once to send.  You also won't receive the alert if you're not in the physical location and within a certain radius of the emergency.  Are you not able to receive the alert, or do you only not have the "Emergency Alert" setting on your device?

Anthony_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Deb31

I am not receiving the emergency alerts.  We have had emergency alerts sent several times over the last few days.  I received them on my old phone, but they did not come thru on my new iphone 4.  I have selected -  settings, notifications and there is no " "Emergency Alert" option to select on my device.

0 Likes
creote

As someone who lives in an area that has had many flash flooding alerts in the last 2 weeks, both my husband & I have had the SAME problem everyone here keeps telling you about.  We are ALL running iOS 6.1.3 on the Iphone4- there is NO option under notification center for Emergency alerts. We don't/can't receive these WEA alerts, while many people around us can.  We would like the to HAVE the option to receive these alerts.

Here is a screen shot of what our notification center looks like:

photo.PNG

Funny, since your website says we should have this:

AMBER alerts

Emergency ALerts

We are asking you to look into & fix this, since we have a "capable" device, yet we are apparently not allowed the option.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As For weather Alerts and i'm thinking even Amber alerts your Local Tv stations can do those!  In my Area i use the Storm Team 12 App KWCH also has another app and i'm thinking it can push out Amber alerts) I know this isn't what you were asking for but these apps Tend to do a good Job!  They've gotten my attention in the Morning hours on more than one occasion i'm glad that i have them. b33

0 Likes
delaware9

I too am running iOS 6.1.3 on the iPhone 4, and there is no option under Notifications center for Government/Emergency alerts. There was terrible flash flooding in my area this morning, and I feel like the only person I know who did not get an emergency alert.  I would really like to know if it is possible for me to get these alerts on my phone too.

0 Likes