Why have my contacts disappeared?
Jen_shines
Enthusiast - Level 1

for sure all my most frequently used ones are gone. Others remain...the ones I never use. I logged in to My Verizon and see all my contacts listed...how do I get them all back on my phone? My iCloud is off...don't know why, but I'm concerned that if I turn it on, I'll lose what's in my backup.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Contacts have mostly disappeared...
Jen_shines
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your comment...I went in to the Verizon store yesterday and the manager did a 'soft-restart' of my phone...holding down 'home' button and power button at the same time until the apple shows up. After it finished restarting, he went to settings and turned my contacts back on (under iCloud). I had checked that they were all showing up on Verizon's Backup Assistant, so once he did that they all started showing up again.

He explained that sometimes Apple's server gets kind of 'jammed' and it can affect random users.

I'm hoping this might be of help to you. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
b_hailey

I have no answers for you, unfortunately, but thought I'd let you know you aren't alone. The same thing has happened to me (twice now) and I'm here looking for answers, too. Smiley Sad

Good luck.

0 Likes
Jen_shines
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your comment...I went in to the Verizon store yesterday and the manager did a 'soft-restart' of my phone...holding down 'home' button and power button at the same time until the apple shows up. After it finished restarting, he went to settings and turned my contacts back on (under iCloud). I had checked that they were all showing up on Verizon's Backup Assistant, so once he did that they all started showing up again.

He explained that sometimes Apple's server gets kind of 'jammed' and it can affect random users.

I'm hoping this might be of help to you. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
b_hailey

Thanks for the advice. Most of the missing info is in my trash folder of the Backup Assistant. Strange. Anyway, I'm working on moving the files back to active and then they should make it back to the phone. (I hope.) 🙂

0 Likes