Why is Verizon taking so long to deliver? Apple is delivering in 1-2 weeks!
ANAOHA44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just saw that Apple is delivering in 1-2 weeks. I’m definitely canceling my order now!

Seriously Verizon! What’s going on?

Labels (1)
Re: Why is Verizon taking so long to deliver? Apple is delivering in 1-2 weeks!
CHAZMINMARTIN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually cancelled my order with Verizon and tried to order it on apples website. They honor the trade in program with Verizon but not online, you have to go into the store if you want to upgrade your device early while using the device payment plan. Once i got to the store they were out of the devices. Verizon has truly dropped the ball on this launch. every other  is fulfilling their orders quickly but Verizon is truly lagging. I understand that certain models are more popular and verizon may have more customers but this is truly ridiculous

ANAOHA44
Enthusiast - Level 3

It IS ridiculous! Both my local Apple store and Best Buy have phones. I’m not ever ordering thro Verizon’s site again.

0 Likes
kenbaileyiii
Contributor - Level 2

Finally some people who realize what's going on and sees that Verizon is really falling behind on preoders. How are people getting buying the same phone I got from Best buy and getting after I put my order in and getting their phone before me? I don't get it. I'm going through best buy next time. Never again will I upgrade through Verizon. These shipping dates are ridiculously too long. I've been waiting for almost a month now for my phone while I see others getting theirs early but no change to my date of 12/13. Verizon really did drop the ball with this one. I bet apple stores have the 256 sg model in stock right now while I still wait for mines to get shipped in another almost 3 weeks. I'm going to make sure I preoder my next phone the day preoders start next time. Having to wait nearly 2 months for a phone because I ordered 4 days after is ridiculous to me. Granted I'm patiently waiting but I also realize the flaws Verizon has had filling these orders as well and there are better options for next time. This is my first time preodering a phone so I definitely learned a lot from talking to people in this community section. I just hope I hear something before the end of this month.

deloused
Master - Level 3

It’s literally due to the demand and availability of the popular new devices. As the manufacturer, Apple always replenishes it’s own stock first. Since many more Verizon customers place device orders from them directly instead of other retailers  like Best Buy/Target/Costco etc. the carrier tends to run out of their supply faster. They’ll ship out the orders upon receiving new stock, but they can’t do so before Apple provides them to Verizon. There’s absolutely no other reason why Verizon would intentionally delay preorder shipments, as completing the sale and activating the new devices helps their revenue & stock while unnecessary delays would do the opposite. It’s always a good idea to shop around for the best/fastest deals with any product purchas, why wouldn’t you do that?

ANAOHA44
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whatever it is, I cancelled my order. I’ll wait until I get a phone from my local Apple store

kenbaileyiii
Contributor - Level 2

If my closest Apple store was less than 2 hours away I'd cancel mines as well and just pick one up myself as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kenbaileyiii, we know that waiting on your device to ship out can be very frustrating. I can assure you that as soon as we get it you will get it.
NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kenbaileyiii
Contributor - Level 2

One can only hope. I don't have much of a choice at this point since I'm so close to my ship date and orders have been shipping out earlier than normal.

0 Likes
CHAZMINMARTIN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys i cancelled my order with Verizon and took my chances with an Apple store. When i spoke to the Verizon rep she stated that i would not have been able to upgrade at the Apple store because i was trading in my old phone. I saw that the Apple store had phones in stock but it did not let me reserve it, when i tried it tried to make me purchase the phone at full price. I decided to go to the Apple store and see what happened. They had all model phones in stock and i was able to do the trade in with them, they actually printed out a shipping label for me to ship my phone back. So i am happy to say that i finally have my phone!!