Why won't my device recognize my SIM card?
wendyjo92508
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am trying to set up an International Global Roaming package for an International vacation on iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6 using online services.   When trying to sign up, it is asking for the Sim Card Number for each phone.   It also said I could go into settings and type in the ICCID Number which is the same.  After typing in this number the system is telling me that the SIM Card Number is not recognized.   I popped out the SIM Card to make sure the number was correct.  Any ideas why Verizon is not recognizing our SIM Card Numbers on phones that have been active for awhile now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trying to set up a global roaming plan for international travel. Sim Card # Not recognized
Weth
Legend

You will need to call into customer service. When I go to add a global plan my Sim card number is already shown and does not need to be entered.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trying to set up a global roaming plan for international travel. Sim Card # Not recognized
Weth
Legend

You will need to call into customer service. When I go to add a global plan my Sim card number is already shown and does not need to be entered.

0 Likes
wendyjo92508
Enthusiast - Level 2

ah-ha!   Thanks so much!

0 Likes
wendyjo92508
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just reading one of your responses to somebody using a global plan in Europe.  You had mentioned to place in Airplane Mode and only use WiFi.  Anything else I need to know?  Like will having in Airplane Mode be enough?  Or do I need  to go into "Cellular" and turn off Cellular Data as well?   Maybe turn off Roaming unless we need to make a call for some reason, then turn it back off?  LOL    I have read so much about this my head is spinning

0 Likes
Re: Trying to set up a global roaming plan for international travel.  Sim Card # Not recognized
Weth
Legend

Airplane mode is all you will need to turn on.   That turns off  the cellular radio completely.    You don't need to do the other things. Keep it simple and you'll remember to do it. Also remember if you do turn airplane mode off at all make sure you have some sort of plan so you don't get roaming surprises

0 Likes
Re: Trying to set up a global roaming plan for international travel.  Sim Card # Not recognized
wendyjo92508
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, yes that will make it a lot easier to remember.

0 Likes