Why won't my unlocked iPhone 5s work with Verizon?
sonslovehockey

I am very frustrated I have an unlocked ATT iPhone 5s and am having problems with it working with my Verizon wireless.

any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unlocked ATT iphone 5s can it be used with verizon
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

All iPhones from iPhone 6 are cross carrier. The iPhone 5s will connect up to the LTE network but you won't be able to make calls with it. There is no CDMA support as mentioned above. Only the Verizon (possibly Sprint) models can be brought to other carriers as they feature both CDMA and GSM support.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

The ATT 5S doesnt have any CDMA bands for Verizon.  You will have to get a Verizon phone.

0 Likes
sonslovehockey

I spoke with verizon they said it needs to have new sim card and be activated in their store. Hope they are right

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It will not work. You need a Verizon version. The rep may have been confused by how you may have asked the question.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

All iPhones from iPhone 6 are cross carrier. The iPhone 5s will connect up to the LTE network but you won't be able to make calls with it. There is no CDMA support as mentioned above. Only the Verizon (possibly Sprint) models can be brought to other carriers as they feature both CDMA and GSM support.