Why won't voicemail messages play on iOS 10.2.1?
Tass23e
Enthusiast - Level 2

When using the voicemail function on my iPhone 6, I touch on the message, it shows that it is playing for a millisecond, then reverts back to the summary screen and shows the message as un-played. I cannot listen to any messages left on my device.  The only way to hear them is to send the message to myself via email and play the message through the native email app.  Not good!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail messages will not play iOS 10.2.1 on iPhone6
Tass23e
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Community - I was able to fix this.  Go to SETTINGS-GENERAL-RESET-Reset Network Settings

This will reset Verizon Network settings only.  No data will be lost.  Once the phone reboots, you will be able to listen to voice mail messages again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tass23e, I can see how it would get pretty frustrating to have to keep emailing yourself the voicemail messages! Let's get your voicemail working once again. Please be sure you are on the latest software version for your iPhone 6. You can find your current version in Settings>About>Version, and it should be on 10.2.1 (14D27). Click here for instructions on how to complete the update: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-updates/

Once updated, let us know if you are still experiencing this issue, so we can ensure we get your voicemails working as quickly as possible.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RANALL35

I am having the same issue but with iPhone 7. I verified that my software version is correct and up to date but the voicemail is still doing the same thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to get to your voice mail and listen to it is imperative Ranall35. When did this start? What happens when you try to play your message? 

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RANALL35

I push the play button and it starts for a half a second starts over and keeps doing that. Other times it won't even play the message it looks like it's going to start but then it just sits idle. I gen have to close out of the phone app and try again. Really frustrating, been going on for a while I noticed it only happens on Verizon network though.

Randy [Removed]

Typo's courtesy of my iPhone

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ranall35, I know that getting your voicemail up and running is of the utmost importance. Let’s continue to troubleshoot your device to see what is going on. When you are checking your voicemail and having these issues, are you on WiFi? Please try when OFF and ON WiFi to see if you still have the same issues. Once these steps are done, please power off and on. Then test to see if you are still experiencing these issues.

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RANALL35

Yes it is occurring both on wifi and not on wifi, I have turned the off completely off and restarted. Still having the same issues.

Randy

Typo's courtesy of my iPhone

0 Likes
Tass23e
Enthusiast - Level 2

this has not fixed the issue

0 Likes
Tass23e
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing, did you read the issue I stated?

0 Likes
Tass23e
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK Community - I was able to fix this.  Go to SETTINGS-GENERAL-RESET-Reset Network Settings

This will reset Verizon Network settings only.  No data will be lost.  Once the phone reboots, you will be able to listen to voice mail messages again.

0 Likes