WiFi issue after 5.1.1 update
a123slonky

Hello all,

After updating to the latest, my 4S keeps disconnecting from my home network and when I go to select the network, it no longer automatically finds and connects to it which makes me think that it is the phone and not the router. I have tried putting the phone in the router's dmz and have reset the phone to original settings but no go. Has anyone found a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WiFi issue after 5.1.1 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

a123slonky, I use the WiFi connection at home at the time to help manage the data allowance on my phone so I definitely understand the importance of being able to connect to my home WiFi. But don’t worry because I’m here to help!

Are you unable to connect to any WiFi or is it only with the one in your home? Try power cycling your router. If still unable to connect reset the Network settings http://bit.ly/uLOEAI on your iPhone 4S. Once it has reset you will need to enter your WiFi Network and password.

If you are still unable to connect to WiFi post back and I’ll be more than happy to further assist you.

John B

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

marle98

Hi, I'm having problems connecting my iPhone 5 to my home Wifi.  I can connect other places, but not at home.  All my other devices at home are connected and working fine.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
davidangie26101

John i have done all of those to the 4s on my account.  i know for the 5 there was a carrier update, what if anything can verizon do?  am i going to be charged for overages this billing cycle?  less than 2 wks into new cycle and I am at 50% usage!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's no good marle98. I'm glad you're able to connect the iPhone 5 to other WiFi connections. That helps me know your WiFi is enabled and functioning. What happens when you try to connect your iPhone 5 to your home WiFi? Are you getting an error message? If there's a specific error message, try visiting www.apple.com/support/iphone and entering the error into their support page. Apple has written some very helpful articles for all aspects of troubleshooting iPhone devices.

The suggestions by John B may help too, since it's the same steps on an iPhone 5 as the 4s he mentioned. If you were able to find and add your home WiFi at one point but it's no longer connecting, try to remove and readd the connection. http://bit.ly/R7TYXy

Keep us posted if you need additional assistance.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes