Wifi Calling is not working iphone 11
nwaxman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wonder if Verizon has the world's most frustrating support system? It is designed so poorly. I do not get cell service at all at my house. I use wifi calling. it spontaneously has stopped working and so i followed the support articles to reset the settings, netwrok settings, etc. but now, to enable wifi calling i get a push message that says "please contact verizon" if i click the "go to website" link, i get to a page which "no longer exists" then i try to call and set up a call back. when i got the callback on my landline, verizon disconnected the call! then i went to schedule again and the stupid system says that there is already a callback for that number pending so I cannot use. Now im on hold on the phone on wait and its telling me to "swipe up for the free tech coach" but i cant receive the free SMS because the wifi calling isnt working and verizon wont send iMessages. STUPID SYSTEM!

Anyway - can somone please tell me how to get the stupid wifi calling to work again?

Labels (1)
Re: Wifi Calling is not working iphone 11
ERMONTEVERDE

Same issue exactly here in VT. WIFI calling not working on both our cellphones since yesterday and VZ seems to need an updated emergency location. When trying to update location on internet, I get a screen that service is currently unavailable. I've already spent a lot of time trying to sort things out with VZ rep, but she had no idea what was wrong; appears that it might be system-wide.

0 Likes
kenshirk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem. Started yesterday, 9/27. Android v. 11, Samsung s10e.

I've used WiFi calling in airplane mode since 2018, first on my LG G7 think, and now on my Samsung. Yesterday it stopped working. Went to the Verizon store. Was told that WiFi calling never works in airplane mode, but I know that's not true, since I've been doing it for almost 4 years. So now I have airplane mode off with WiFi calling on, but I know it's not working because with my weak cell signal, calls are dropping now.

But here's The other thing: WiFi calling in airplane mode still works on my LG G7 ThinQ! It's an older phone with an older OS that isn't getting OTA updates anymore.

So something Verizon pushed out recently has corrupted WiFi calling, and they aren't owning up to it.

0 Likes
chertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had similar problems, since yesterday, which spontaneously resolved in the last half hour.  Which suggests a systemic problem, now resolved.  Try again, see if it works now.

0 Likes
chertz
Enthusiast - Level 2

And you're right, WiFi Calling DOES work with Airplane Mode on.  In fact, I depend on that, since about a third of the time Verizon, in its wisdom, switches my WiFi Calling to Extended Network, and during that time I can't receive or make phone calls, so I am dependent on keeping the phone in Airplane Mode when at home, where cellular connectivity is poor.

0 Likes
brross2

I have had the same issues for last two days of Wifi calling not working. I actually have had multiple coworkers report the same problem with both iphone and android devices. I called Verizon to open ticket and after an hour on a support call wifi calling started working again with out any changes. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for your inconvenience. Having access to Wi-Fi Calling is vitally important. As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. Although we're glad to hear that the issues you were experiencing with Wi-Fi Calling have been resolved, we want to make sure that your service is working correctly (e.g., calls, texting, web browsing, etc.) Please let us know if all of your services are working correctly.

Thanks!-Robert C.

0 Likes