Wifi calling does not work after upgrading to 10.3.3
jmmarti10

Wifi calling no longer functioning after upgrading to 10.3.3. Any other users experiencing the same problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling does not work after upgrading to 10.3.3
ALJJSDADvzw

same deal here.  had to turn it off to get calls to work.  Apple had me go through the network settings reset which did not help.  recycled router etc, still no joy.

turing it off was the only solution.  affected both my 7plus and my wife's 6.

talked with verizon rep and they have not heard anything.  only could say if it's a known bug to look for a patch coming, but could not say for sure if it is apple's fault or verizon fault.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Are you getting an error message, or what is happening when trying to make wifi calls?

0 Likes
ALJJSDADvzw

No errors per se.  Calls do connect.  No sound from earpiece or speaker phone.  Call then will either abruptly end or fail.

Turn off Wi-Fi Calling in settings and it works as it did in prior iOS versions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you are able to use all features of your phone, ALJJSDADvzw. We'd like to look into this with you and make sure we get this working. Have you tested out wifi calling with more than one wifi connection? Is it the same result? Have you completed a reset on the device at all?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ALJJSDADvzw

Funny you should ask. Noticed my work IP phone was not working either. Calls go out people can hear me but I can't hear them. Connected phones and laptop to my Verizon hotspot and they all worked. Reconnected them to the router and they did not work.

It would appear the router is the problem. Last worked for me on 7/31/17. Have an open ticket with support to check out router when I get back in town.   Power cycled it, hard reset and rep forced a new IP address down. No joy.

I don't believe the iOS update had anything to do with it.

0 Likes
ALJJSDADvzw

ok, this is weird.  it magically started to work again.  I was on a call with a verizon tech to follow.  I had already done the soft reset, hard reset, pick a reset and I did it.  it did not help.

Get the tech on the phone.  turned on wi-fi calling and darn if it didn't work!

Tech said to watch it and if it happens again, maybe the router needs to be replaced.

Only thing I noticed is the IP address had changed on my connection from when it was failing to when it worked, but I thought that had happened before when it was not working.

Go figure!

0 Likes