Wifi slow in Seattle area
rachelw

I have updated my roaming capabilities. Shut my phone off but it keeps saying that wifi is not connected. Then it does connect and while I am listening to Pandora the songs keep cutting out. Is there something going on right now?

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi slow in Seattle area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Roaming relates to the cellular towers the phone connect to and the voice/3G network. When you mention connecting to WiFi, are you just randomly connecting to every open WiFi hotspot in town? Or perhaps you are actually connecting to the 3G network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rachelw

My 3G is not staying connected. I was on Pandora on my phone at work and it kept saying I wasn't connected. So I tried to open Facebook and other apps like that on my phone and they said no connection or were loading extremely slow.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps then the tower is overloaded and the signal can't handle number of connections.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In fact, my phone just had a hand off issue with the towers around where I work while I was posting this reply above. I momentarily lost my 3G/4G data connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this rachelw!  I want to ensure I fully understand your concern.  Your phone is disconnecting from 3G not wifi, correct?  Does this happen at work only or in different locations as well?  Is this happening indoors only?  Please share what zip code you are located in and try resetting the network settings by following here http://bit.ly/U46UzZ and test.  Please share.  Thank you!

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes