Wireless connection drops on iPhone4
azgr8gerandma

My wireless connection at home drops frequently on my iPhone4.  It will not allow me to reconnect.  The connection is not being dropped on any of my computers attached to the wireless connection, so my carrier believes it is a problem on the iPhone.  I have tried removing the internet connection and then resetting it, including the password required.  This does not help.  The only way I am able to restore the connection is to unplug and reset my wireless modem.  I am then able to restore the connection, but then I am dropped again after a short while.  Anyone out there with similar problem or with a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless connection drops on iPhone4
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Does your wireless indicator on your iPhone show a strong connection? A lot of things could play in to what's going on (the router you are using...other devices in your household affecting the wireless signal, etc). Does this only happen with your home wifi connection or do you experience the same thing no matter where you use wifi? If it's only at home then I doubt it's the phone alone. If you can repeat the same issue regardless of where you use wifi then you might want to contact tech support or go to a local store where they can try troubleshooting. I personally don't have any issues with my iPhone 4 losing wifi connection in my home or elsewhere. The usual things will be first suggested: reset/restart/restore your iPhone to see if that helps.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless connection drops on iPhone4
azgr8gerandma

I have already tried all you have suggested. It seems it may be a setting in my wireless service that is the problem. I do not have the same problem at other wireless locations. I will go back to my Internet provider again and insist on further investigation from them. Unless anyone else has had this issue with other solution.

0 Likes