activation iPhone 5
nbg-paddel

Hello all,

I am living in Germany and have received an iPhone from Qatar as a present. I can not set up the phone and I don't know why.  There is no sim lock or something similar, but I can not even setup the phone

When doing the set-up the following slide appears:

As there is no other option I go to next. Then the following appears

As I am living in Germany I can of course not fulfill this.

I don't have a verizon sim card, I just have my newly ordered nano sim card from my provider.

Is there anybody who can help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: activation iPhone 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This was definitely an iphone 5 model? There was no SIM card in the phone when purchased?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nbg-paddel

Hi, yes it is the iphone 5. there was a simcard, but the guy switched the phone on and then took the card out. is this the problem? He told me now you can put in Germany your card from the provider. and the original he has thrown away.....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Try turning the phone off and putting in your SIM card. Then reboot.

Hopefully the phone wasn't stolen either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nbg-paddel

I think the problem is that I can reset only after it is activated. since it was activated when having the verizon card in it I guess I would need this card or the phone to be reset somewhere in an apple store??

no it was not stolen, it was originally packed and it was a official store. It think the guy wanted to do something good and to show that the phone is ok....

is there any chance to reboot completely?

0 Likes
nbg-paddel

I just checked your advice. Unfortunately it is not working. I called also apple. They told me I have to be in touch with Verizon. Anybody any other idea how to solve my problem???

0 Likes