been on hold two different times for more that 30 minutes....Followed the instructions and my phone said that activation has failed. FRUSTRATED
redbimmer92
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do i activate my 6? I followed the instructions and it said my activation failed...now on hold for 2 different times.  been screwing with this for 3 hours.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: been on hold two different times for more that 30 minutes....Followed the instructions and my phone said that activation has failed.  FRUSTRATED
kricket3406
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched my SIM cards and that worked!!  Thank you!  I tried the activation number earlier and that didn't work either...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: been on hold two different times for more that 30 minutes....Followed the instructions and my phone said that activation has failed. FRUSTRATED
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you upgrade from another iphone? If so you might need to swap the SIM cards to get the activation to complete

Re: been on hold two different times for more that 30 minutes....Followed the instructions and my phone said that activation has failed.  FRUSTRATED
kricket3406
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could have written this exact post.  I haven't taken the SIM card out yet, but it's about the only thing I can think of that I haven't tried.  My number is in limbo….

0 Likes
Akinscd
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here, bump it up

0 Likes
dburne
Contributor - Level 2

Your going to have to call the activation number and get someone to do it for you gang, what I had to do earlier today on two new phones.

0 Likes
kricket3406
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched my SIM cards and that worked!!  Thank you!  I tried the activation number earlier and that didn't work either...

0 Likes
Re: been on hold two different times for more that 30 minutes....Followed the instructions and my phone said that activation has failed. FRUSTRATED
Terribleservicesveriz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  I have now been on hold for 41 minutes and counting.  If this was what I was getting into, I would take it all back.  This is so frustrating.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try swapping the SIM card like I mentioned earlier. That's most likely the issue

kricket3406
Enthusiast - Level 2

I highly doubt that the VZW CS reps are sitting by idly letting people stew on hold.  I'm sure there are loads of people just like us that have questions, but they don't know how to get online and figure things out.  Yes, people like this have iPhones.  My point is, I wouldn't blame this on Verizon's Customer Service.  If you're truly frustrated, take the suggestion given and try it. 

0 Likes
handlink

iphone 6 has smaller sim card than the 4s, so no go on swapping sim cards.

0 Likes