call quality iPhone 6
robb76

I upgraded from a iPhone 5 to a 6 in December. I can no longer make or receive calls from my house the call are constantly dropping and I have the same issues between my home and work. I never had this problem with the 5. We have another 6 in the house and there is no problem with that phone. Apple replaced the phone because the verizon store refused to 7 days after I purchased it from them. I have most recently replaced the SIM card with the same issue. After spending close to an hour using the help chat and having a ticket submitted, 9 days later I was give this response. "

The ticket has come back, and after looking over the situation, our network repair team has found that this issue is due to marginal 4G coverage in your area.  That poor coverage is due to terrain issues in the area, as well as a lack of a dominate server (a close server that can be a constant access point for your phone.) 

Both of these issues contribute to the experience you've had with your call experience while using HD voice calling.  Their analysis of the area shows us several sites near you that do provide the HD voice, but none of them are close enough to be a dominant tower. "

This seems like a bull shit answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: call quality iPhone 6
Weth
Legend

Easy answer is to turn off HD Voice/VoLTE calling until your area gets better 4G coverage to consistently be able to handle this type of call.

Settings/Cellular

Under "Enable LTE" change it to Data only

Now your calls will be routed like they were on the iPhone 5.

The answer from Verizon actually does make good sense. Your area needs denser LTE coverage for Voice over LTE to work well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: call quality iPhone 6
Weth
Legend

Easy answer is to turn off HD Voice/VoLTE calling until your area gets better 4G coverage to consistently be able to handle this type of call.

Settings/Cellular

Under "Enable LTE" change it to Data only

Now your calls will be routed like they were on the iPhone 5.

The answer from Verizon actually does make good sense. Your area needs denser LTE coverage for Voice over LTE to work well.

0 Likes