can't obtain a Sim card
FogMoon

I bought a new iPad Pro 11 three months ago from Apple with cell capacity.  I was not informed that Verizon doesn't provide Apple with its Sim cards so I received the iPad without a Sim card.  I've been trying ever since to get one.  Verizon sent me the wrong size.  Now I can't get through to anyone.  The robot chat system can't respond to this problem and phone support is hopeless.  My iPad is sitting unused.  Apple support has also tried to get through to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't obtain a Sim card
FogMoon

Follow up on this.  I also don't have a new line.  If I had that, I could probably find a way to get a Sim card.  But the iPad isn't registered in Verizon's system and there is no apparent way of registering a new device on my account so that avenue is blocked.  

0 Likes
Re: can't obtain a Sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi FogMoon,

Congrats on your new iPad Pro 11! We want activating your new tablet on the VZW network to be simple. We can help here. A Verizon Wireless Sim Card is only needed if you are going to activate your tablet on the Verizon Wireless network. A Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card is a small “smartcard” that is inserted into a Verizon Wireless-Certified 4G device. The SIM card contains your subscriber profile, which includes details about your subscribed services and features. The SIM card is your access to the Verizon Wireless 4G network https://www.verizonwireless.com/businessportals/support/faqs/VZAccess/4g_sim_card.html .

If you do not want to add a new line of service or activate the tablet on a current VZW line (meaning replacing the equipment on the line),then no Sim Card is needed. We can only mail out Sim Cards as replacements if lost or broken or on a new activation. You can use the tablet on Wi-Fi only with no network activation. Does this help? 

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes