daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started. anyone else have this happen
czmjmom

My daughter's iphone 5c stopped allowing her to use her data last month when the new data allowance was to begin.  anyone else have this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started.  anyone else have this happen
JC125
Enthusiast - Level 1

All this started when I changed my device two days ago, but staying on the same plan/number. I was able to access internet when not on WIFI.  Zip 94903.  I was able to make/receive calls and text.

RESOLUTION:

I called Verizon customer support and had my data network reset, which worked for me.  I think by switching my device it jacked up the system because even though I was only mid-month thru my plan I was told I had no data left (but I never use all the 1G per month).  I bought 500MB bridge data which still didn't resolve the issue.  The next morning I tried to use cell data but got a note that my plan has expired so I put in another month's payment, thinking maybe now my cell data will work.  Nope.  So that is when I called cust support (they have a different number for prepaid customers) and the lady reset my data network.  I then powered off and back on... now I can use the internet using cell data.  I am hoping this will last.  Resetting the data network solved my original problem, but doesn't explain why my plan timed out early.  I lost about $25 but its not worth fighting for. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started. anyone else have this happen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your daughter to be able to use her phone and data when she needs it Lisa! Is she able to use data/browse the internet while connected to WiFi? Is cellular data enabled on her phone? http://spr.ly/6587BDz9f What is the iOS version on her phone? http://spr.ly/6588BDz9A

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started. anyone else have this happen
czmjmom

we tried both of the first two options with a customer support person last month.  yes, she can use it in wifi areas and yes the cellular is enabled.  the rep before had us turn off her phone while he did something and turn it back on.  we tried this twice and it didn't work.  I also turned off the family dashboard on her phone and it still didn't work.  She has now paid for two months of wifi without getting to use it.

0 Likes
Ejkragen

I have the same problem with my iphone 5. I can use the plan data but i can't use any bridge data and i have called support mulitple times with no answers except one emlpoyee trying to tell me i never paid for the data and tried taken money out of my account

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

czmjmom,

Sorry to hear she's having trouble with using her phone's data. Just so that we're clear on what exactly is happening, can you describe what happens on the phone when she attempts to use data? Is there any sort of error or other messages? Does she show either a Verizon 3G or Verizon LTE at the time?

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ejkragen,

We want to make sure you have access to data when you need it. I would like to make sure we are on the same page, can you please explain by what you need by bridge data?

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bridge data is a function associated with the prepaid plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean by paying for two months of wifi and not getting to use it. Verizon Wireless doesn't sell access to wifi. It sells access to cellular data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started.  anyone else have this happen
Snn5
Legend

You speak of a Prepaid account where bridge data cannot be used until the monthly plan data is used first.  Package one is in effect until depletion, then data package 2 (Bridge) is used.

Data from the second package is held in reserve until the first package is exhausted or expires.

0 Likes
JC125
Enthusiast - Level 1

In response to EricW_VWW, I am having a similar problem.  I cannot use my cellular data; phone shows Verizon LTE but when I try to get online in Safari, goes to quickaccess.verizonwireless.com.  I click connect then it says "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server".  In Chrome I get a similar message.  When I switch to wifi I can get online with no problem.  Since my phone can get online with wifi i think it must be verizon that is blocking access when using cellular data.  I just added 500MB of bridge data so I should have enough in my plan.  Any advice?

0 Likes