device swap - "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device" error
tras
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to swap phones with someone on my account using the Swap Devices page in My Verizon, but after I click on the two phones to swap, I get an error message saying "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device."  The two phones I'm trying to swap are a 2018 iPhone XR with an existing line and a new iPhone 12 Pro with a new line that I activated yesterday.  Any idea what's wrong?

Re: device swap - "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device" error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tras, we are truly sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with this swap. Moving those phones around is absolutely something we can assist with. Please respond to our private message. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!    

0 Likes
Re: device swap - "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device" error
tras
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, thanks for the response, but I didn't see it right away and I think the link to authenticate expired.  Please send another one.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem, tras! We'll send it to you via Private Note.

0 Likes
dp40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Getting the same error. What was the solution?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I have read the thread and need to gain access to your account to assist you. Can  you please send us a Private Message, so we can continue? 

0 Likes
jushanno

I'm getting the same message. Can someon assist?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, jushanno! To clarify, are you looking to switch the IMEI numbers for your device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Erin35
Enthusiast - Level 1

So the only answer is that we have to call in?  That makes no sense

Sperry1937

Have the same problem with 2 pixel 5s

0 Likes