early termination
elke2

If one decides to pay off the device in full, before the two year contract is up (say half way through), can one then cancel the contract?

I assume there would be an early termination fee. How much?

0 Likes
Re: early termination
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you a customer. Why are you looking at canceling your service?  You have the option of paying off  your device at any point. Any promotional offer that you are receiving with that device Payment Plan would be lost if paid off. -Al

0 Likes
JTagg7754

Hello Al. I see the original poster of the inquiry did not respond so rather than start a new thread, I wanted to chime in to see if I can get a little more clarity.

I purchased my device last Black Friday on a promotion and still owe a couple hundred on it. Would I be able to pay that off and move to a competitor? I've been a  Verizon customer since 2000 I believe and have had no complaints about anything until the market started getting more saturated and more competitive w/ other providers. I've watched for years as they have provided a service for a fraction of the price Verizon is charging me. As a result, I want to explore my options. This does not mean I am leaving but I want clarity in case I opt to do so.... plus the new ad campaign w/ that annoying blonde girl is just awful but that's beside the point lol. 

Please let me know if I can pay off the device and leave at any time and/or if there will be any fees w/ leaving prior to next November if the device is paid off.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JTagg7754, we truly value having you as part of the Verizon family. We would not want to see you go elsewhere. With that being said, if you do leave before your device payment plan is paid off, you will need to pay the remaining balance due on it. Keep in mind, if you had a promotional credit being applied that will void out if the line is disconnected before the 24 months is up. This means you would owe the balance due not including the promo credits. I hope this helps clear things up for you. You may always view your device payment plan balances in your My Verizon account online or app.

-Christine

0 Likes
JTagg7754

Thank you, Christine. I have never had a problem w/ Verizon's service over my multiple decades but as I stated, competitor's are just far better w/ pricing so I feel I need to explore to save myself quite a decent amount of money in the long run. If I do wind up switching and see Verizon gets more competitive w/ pricing, I will not hesitate to come back. 

I appreciate the information you have provided. Thank you!

0 Likes