excessive data usage!
theeagleye

Email and text says 10% data left (.60) (over one half a gig) another email and text 45 minutes later saying I am out of data,  all while I am home and connected to wi-fi?

Does anyone else think that they are doing this to get you to move to new plan?

or increase your data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: excessive data usage!
punjabusa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try to turn off Wi-Fi Assist.

0 Likes
theeagleye

Please note that wi-fi assist is never on and also at home I turn off data!!

0 Likes
punjabusa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay no problem, try to call customer service to get put onto a Loyalty Plan, they are randomly target to customers, I was able to get on the Loyalty plan which almost doubles your data.

0 Likes
Tellio2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I downloaded all my data used becouse of the same reason I was using more data than I thought. My Background is all off and no wifi assist I learned that we were being charged 2 GB of DATA when we were sleeping not to mention we were also being charged lots of data when we were connected to the WiFi just as you have stated. Even if once and a while the internet dropped I would have known becouse my phone stops downloading webpages until I turn off wifi and use the data. Its imposible. You can learn by downloading all your data usage in the form of a spread sheet then your usage at 2 am becomes very clear. Make sure your phone is set up properly. Verison has done this to us before. They said I could get unlimited for less so I am trying that now but I am worried the bill will go up or they will slow down the speed. we will see????

good luck

punjabusa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unlimited for less, wow thats a shocker, depends on how many lines you have, well turn safety mode on so you dont get charged for using extra data, the Loyalty plan is the best since its the same price I am paying now and you get double the data, its really nice.

0 Likes