how to unsync my iphone 5 with my daughters iphone 5s
mbush1210

How to unsync my iphone 5 with my daughters iphone 5s.  It appears that every time there is an OS upgrade, my iphone 5 and her iphone 5s becomes synced and she gets my phone calls and I get hers.

I would like to know how to permanently disable the sync feature on our phones.  We are about to purchase iphone 6 and 6 plus and we do not want to have the same problem with our new phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to unsync my iphone 5 with my daughters iphone 5s
mama23dogs
Legend

you should have different apple IDs.

you can use family sharing if you want to continue to share all purchases.

LLearn about family sharing with link below.

Apple - iOS 8 - Family Sharing

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

you should have different apple IDs.

you can use family sharing if you want to continue to share all purchases.

LLearn about family sharing with link below.

Apple - iOS 8 - Family Sharing

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you and your daughter phones are working properly mbush1210! Especially if you are thinking of getting the new awesome iPhone 6 and 6 plus. Do you both use the same Apple id?  Is the information showing on both phones?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mbush1210

Yes, we both use the same Apple ID and it is showing on both phones.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Is your problem resolved?

0 Likes
mbush1210

No, my problem is not resolved.  Still working on it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Have you followed link to family sharing?   It allows you to each have your own Apple ID, but still share all apps and music.  Currently, any apple device with the same Apple ID will ring under  IOS 8 latest feature.

To eliminate the sync between phones, create an Apple ID for your daughter.  She can then sign out of yours. 

You would then each have your own icloud account and phone will sync only the information for your Apple ID.

If your daughter is very young, you can add parental controls as well as family sharing.  Find my iPhone is a feature you may know as a theft deterrent, but it's also a great way to keep track of teenagers.   Especially when they start driving. 

0 Likes