i-cloud contact transfer
smm15

When I activated i-cloud it put all off my Facebook friends' names and contact info into my phone contact list. I now have 250 new contacts in my phone that I do not want. When I try to delete them it won't let me erase Facebook-linked contacts. Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i-cloud contact transfer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi smm15!

Let's get those unwanted contacts removed for you! First, you would want to deactivate icloud contacts, then deactivate facebook contacts. Once that is done, reactivate iCloud. The unwanted contacts should then be gone! Here's a link to show you how to reactivate from Apple's website: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2576

Thanks,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BlackThumbEDQ

Along the same lines as the original problem but considerably more confused.  Thanks for any help or ideas anyone has.

Explanation first:

When I activated my iPhone4 (let's call it iPhone4-A), I transferred my contact list from my Palm Centro and then when trying to activate email, I somehow got my very large Yahoo! email contact list as well - both of which had groups.  So I have Groups, duplicate people with differing information depending upon the source.  If I fix them in the iPhone, it deletes Yahoo! email addresses and vice versa. In other words, my iPhone4-A Contacts are screwed up royally.

We have a MAC laptop, a MAC mini, his iPod Touch, my old iPod Classic and my iPhone all using the same iTunes account (so we can share music).  I used this same email for my iCloud on the iPhone4-A (not knowing what I was doing).

I now need to set up a second iPhone4 (let's call it iPhone4-B) for my husband who is using a GzOne Ravine and I don't want to screw his up like I did mine.  We don't do many apps or games.

QUESTIONS:

If I leave iTunes account alone on the laptop, mini, iPod Touch, iPod Classic and my iPhone4-A - I think I can use this iTunes account on his iPhone4-B and we might wind up with some app issues but we can still share music - right?

Next thought is, I should set up a new iCloud for his iPhone4-B and his contacts from his Ravine should transfer over and backup to iCloud - right? 

I've cleaned up his Ravine contacts using Contact Management on VerizonWireless.com through whatever nightly backup it's been doing - they're appear to be okay and in groups. 

He doesn't need email right away so if I don't turn on his Yahoo! email, he won't get the 2 contact lists merged on the phone. I THINK I'm going to set up a gmail for his iPhone, just for essential communications - because his 20 year old Yahoo! account gets a lot of stuff he doesn't need on a daily basis.  I can create a contact list from his phone contacts for this gmail account & update it with only what he needs from Yahoo!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BlackThumbEdq, thanks for the detailed explanation. To answer your first question; yes technically you can leave your iTunes account open for your husbands iPhone to sync but I highly suggest that you DO NOT do that. From my experience it causes seriously problems with syncing everything from contacts, calendars, music, notes, apps, etc. 

Also regarding your second question, I would recommend setting up a new iCloud and iTunes account that is completely seperate from your husbands. This will ensure that your account and his account are syncing properly and there is no co-mingling between the two phones. Please reach out to us if you have any other questions.

SammuelP_VZW
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport