iMessage Issues
Suzy1187

I can no longer send iMessages but I can receive them.  I have done everything from resetting my phone back to factory settings and resetting network settings.  This has been happening for 3 days.  Can anyone help?  It is a bit annoying to have to keep selecting "send as text" even though I have send as SMS if iMessage isn't available turned on.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iMessage Issues
blueeyedreddneck

I am having the same issue you are having. I am also having the issue of when my iMessage does send, it wont say delivered at the bottom of my message. i have no idea what is going on.

0 Likes
Suzy1187

I am having the issue with no delivered on the iMessage also, but the read message is there with my contacts that have that turned on.  This if frustrating and annoying but I am glad it isn't just me.  I thought it may have been my phone but looks like it is a Verizon/apple thing. 

0 Likes
Queenie813

My wife had a similar issue when I upgraded her phone to iPhone 5. Check the phone settings to see if your cell phone number is displayed. If the phone setting shows "Unknown" then the SIM card is not properly populating the phone number. The easiest fix is to go to a corporate store and ask them to swap out the SIM card. They won't believe you but I nicely asked them to try in order to rule out the SIM card as the issue. The new SIM card resolved everything.

0 Likes
Suzy1187

My phone number is showing everywhere it is supposed to be under settings. Smiley Sad  It started happening after I updated my 6 to iOS 9.  If it isn't working right by tomorrow I will have to go to the Verizon store, which is what I was trying to avoid. 

0 Likes