iMessage doesn't always work
PathMan

Both my wife and I have the iPhone 5s.  When our kids text us using imessage, sometimes we get the message, sometimes one of us gets it and the other does not, and sometimes one of us gets it and the other is delayed anywhere between 6-24 hours.  This happens even when the two phones are docked right next to each other.  I hope someone knows of a fix because I am dreading having to call Verizon.  Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iMessage doesn't always work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello PathMan! Let's get your iMessages sending again for you! My apologies for the troubles you are experiencing! I have a few questions to further assist you. Are you having any troubles with receiving/sending regular text messages in addition to iMessages?

If you go to Settings on your phone, then scroll to Messages, your iMessages should be green/on, Send as SMS should be on, MMS Messaging & Group Messaging should be on. Please keep in mind that iMessages are only going to work when connected to Wi-Fi or your Cellular Data.

To check the data, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data should be on.  After you verify the settings, please completely power off the phone and re-test. If any further issues persist, please let us know! Thanks so much!

-KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes
efdsteve

I'm having the same problem.  This can be serious, as I've already NOT RECEIVED text messages from my wife and my boss, regarding urgent issues.  But in some cases, I do get the messages.  Unfortunately, KristieQ's response leaves much to be desired, in addition to not answering the problem.  Does she really think that someone is changing their settings all the time?  Why do some messages go through, while others don't or are delayed?  I've gone through the check list under the trouble shooting guide, and still, "no joy."  I really think that the problem lies with Verizon, and certainly KristieQ is in a position to research that.  I'm very disappointed with this situation, and I seem to be running out of options, in addition to wasting too much of my time!

0 Likes
PathMan

I agree that KristieQ's response did little to help.  Those were all things that I did BEFORE posting the question to the forum.  The only thing I did do was to re-enter my password for iMessage since I had recently changed that.  Don't know if that will solve the problem, but recently I did receive a text message via iMessage.  Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
jorgeo_vzw
Verizon Employee

PathMan

We want to make sure you're not missing any messages coming in. We appreciate all the steps you have taken to get to the bottom of this. I am glad to hear that you were able to receive a text via imessage and also hope this is fixed. Please keep us updated if you continue to have the same issue. Just incase it's not resolved. Are you sharing the apple id with any other device? What color are the text that are being delayed? http://vz.to/1DPHD35

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes