iMessage is being charged as text message usage on my verizon account and even though my husband and I have the same Iphone 5s and are on the same verizon plan, it doesn't show up at M2M text on my bill and I'm blowing through my 250 text limit. Why?
jcurtrig

iMessage is being charged as text message usage on my Verizon account and even though my husband and I have the same iPhone 5s and are on the same Verizon plan, it doesn't show up at M2M text on my bill and I'm blowing through my 250 text limit.  Why?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iMessage is being charged as text message usage on my verizon account and even though my husband and I have the same Iphone 5s and are on the same verizon plan, it doesn't show up at M2M text on my bill and I'm blowing through my 250 text limit. Why?
rcschnoor
Legend

If the bubble around the message is showing blue, it is being sent as an iMessage and NOT as a text and therefore would not count against your texting allowance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iMessage is being charged as text message usage on my verizon account and even though my husband and I have the same Iphone 5s and are on the same verizon plan, it doesn't show up at M2M text on my bill and I'm blowing through my 250 text limit. Why?
Not applicable

Hi jcurtrig!

Let's get this figured out! Have you confirmed that iMessage was turned on during the time the messages were billed? Were both you and your husband billed for the messages? When did the problem begin?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: iMessage is being charged as text message usage on my verizon account and even though my husband and I have the same Iphone 5s and are on the same verizon plan, it doesn't show up at M2M text on my bill and I'm blowing through my 250 text limit.  Why?
jcurtrig

Both phones have iMessage turned on and the text is showing blue, not green.  I believe it has been happening for months, but this is the first I looked online to figure out how I could possibly go through 250 text a month when most of my text are showing iMessage, not text.  My husband has unlimited text so it is not an issue for him, just me when I get close to my 250 limit. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If the bubble around the message is showing blue, it is being sent as an iMessage and NOT as a text and therefore would not count against your texting allowance.

0 Likes
Re: iMessage is being charged as text message usage on my verizon account and even though my husband and I have the same Iphone 5s and are on the same verizon plan, it doesn't show up at M2M text on my bill and I'm blowing through my 250 text limit.  Why?
jcurtrig

However, I am getting messages from Verizon each month stating I am at 75% usage, 90% usage, etc. and I was billed an overage so I know it is not working right. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Are you positive the overages are for going over your texting allowance and NOT going over your data allowance?

How much is the overage and how many texts do they say you have used?

0 Likes