iMessages not sending
jdr130

Ever since I upgraded to ios7, I've been having random issues with my phone not sending iMessages. It never says "messages send failure," it just continuously says "sending." It seems to work once I turn my phone off and on, but it's a pretty annoying issue and it's been happening every couple days.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iMessages not sending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's fix this jdr130! Are you running 7.0.2? Are our non iMessage text working? Please try disabling and enabling the iMessage setting here http://vz.to/GAgc61 power the phone off/on, test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

hate_ios7

OMG! Same here. Since the upgrade, I can't send iMessages. Have done the Network Setting Rest about zillion times and nothing changes.

I also have problems with sending and recieving emails (Yahoo!), especially if I am not connected to WiFi.

I now get 1x where it says LTE and get 2 bars where I used to get 5! Not sure if I should blame Apple or Verizon or both!

0 Likes
abcdmommy4

Im having the same problem . I thought i was being ignored, but it just keeps saying...sending!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's fix this jdr130! Are you running 7.0.2? Are our non iMessage text working? Please try disabling and enabling the iMessage setting here http://vz.to/GAgc61 power the phone off/on, test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

iMessages not sending
hate_ios7

I am going crazy here! Are you having any issues with your towers in 22102 area? Or is it just due to the iOS7 upgrade (everything has gone down the hill since the upgarde)? I can't send text messages (so they go out as SMS) and emails take forever to send and or receive. I either get the "Can't send Mail" or "No Connection to Server" messages. And forget about using apps like Facebook, etc. Just won't work!

Here is what I have done so far trying to fix it...

- Turned on and off thedevice

- -Discabled, Enabled iMessage

- Rest the Network Setting

- Ran an Apple Support Quick Test

It is really frustrating! Smiley Sad

Please help!

0 Likes
scoutmom4
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked for me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hate_ios7,

Messaging is important! Let's get this fixed. Please sign out of your apple id>then sign back in. Once signed back in, attempt to send an iMessage. Please remove you yahoo mail account from the device, then readd the yahoo mail account back to the device.  For your Network Signal, Please power off the device>remover the sim card>place the sim card back in the device>power the device on http://vz.to/18XQ1OY.  Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Swhite1294

We are having the same issue and all these fixes are temporary. I'm getting sick and tired of paying for phone service which includes texting and now our txt will not go through because of a update. We've turned  iMessages off, because were sending txt from our phones and should go through as a txt and still can't get txt to go through.  All these fixes are temporary because we've turned iMessages off, reset internet settings then turned it back on and it works for a few hours then bang no more txt messages they just hang.  Apple is down playing the bug saying only a fraction of their customers are suffering when it looks like most are suffering so were at the mercy of Apple and the fix which supposedly they are working to get this resolved.  We have our first grandchild due and not getting txt messaging is frustrating.  We've tried everything, I'm tired of turning my phone on and off that were just calling no texting until the fix.  Oh the other issue, you can send a txt from you phone and it doesn't go to the phone but goes to the ipad instead? Hope this gets corrected soon, seriously considering getting rid of our iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this issue is frustrating hate_ios7 but we are doing all we can to get this issue resolved. With iMessage disabled, are you able to send and receive messages successfully. Also, you should not have any issues with emails, or any other applications on your device. The last step is to try a restore. Here are the steps but ensure all data is backed up http://vz.to/192ShUE . Please keep us posted,

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Swhite1294

Thanks for the info unfortunately this is a temp fix, we've done it to our phones a few times and it will work a couple of hours then its right back to hanging, not sending or sending to the email and not a txt which is the frustrating part because we are paying to send txt messages and you cannot. If you disable iMessages you will get a error when you try to send a txt, you must enable iMessages then if you wait a second then you can send a txt message. Then in a few hours if you send a txt it will send it as a email instead of a txt message. So far the only thing that has worked was deleting the contact and re entering it. At this point if Apple doesn't get it fixed we will get rid of our iPhones, I could see if it was a simple email issue but this is a texting issue that we PAY for.

0 Likes