iOS 9 and first update both clobber the Verizon settings in my phone
robfollett
Enthusiast - Level 2

specifically, all audio is removed when using as a phone - iphone 6.  I can fix by doing a "Reset All Network Settings", but is this the new Norm for Verizon/iOS working together??  So far, I have had to do this on both Updates.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iOS 9 and first update both clobber the Verizon settings in my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! We're so glad that new update fixed it for you. We understand how much of a hassle it can be when your phone lacks connectivity. Since iOS9 is still a very new OS. I would recommend checking for updates any time you come across something not working as intended. Often they'll put updates in within a couple days. Have a great night and let us know if we can help again in the future!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robfollett,

That's never the experience we want you to have. Updates should make your phone work better, not cause issues. Are your phones still having issues? What settings were effected by the update?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robfollett
Enthusiast - Level 2

AndrewT...

There are no other issues I notice after applying a 9.X upgrade.  Only the phone audio.  After doing a Network Reset, then, of course, there are other things that happen.. Some Network related passwords disappear, and I have to re-enter them.  No real issues, just a nag.

I can't consider the issue closed, until iOS 9.0.2 comes out, and I try that.  This has never happened with all the iOS 8.x upgrades applied to this phone.

Again, I am good to go, but I did want to report it as either an Apple or Verizon bug report.

-- Rob

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robfollett We appreciate your feedback, duly noted. It would be frustrating to have to add all your Wifi passwords. Are doing the updates using iTunes (preferred method)?
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
robfollett
Enthusiast - Level 2

JoelR....  Good question!  My 9.0 Update was using iTunes.  My 9.0.1 update was over WiFi.  -- And on the Password issue, I can't say I have tested them all!  But only one out of my two normally used wifi passwords required re-entering, and my Comcast Connect Password, not wifi, also.

Thanks, Rob

0 Likes
robfollett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oops, spoke too soon... Network/Audio issue fixed, with 9.0.2,but upgrades still remove my wifi passwords. 

We're half-way there!

-- Rob

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! We're so glad that new update fixed it for you. We understand how much of a hassle it can be when your phone lacks connectivity. Since iOS9 is still a very new OS. I would recommend checking for updates any time you come across something not working as intended. Often they'll put updates in within a couple days. Have a great night and let us know if we can help again in the future!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes