iPad mini locked up
Sewmagator2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Soon after I downloaded iOS 8, my iPad mini locked and it said I had to enter a passcode. I have never set up a passcode for this and I do not know how to disable this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPad mini locked up
mama23dogs
Legend

After updating you were prompted to add a passcode, which you probably didn't notice and just hit enter, rather than "no".

you will have to restore with iTunes.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sewmagator2,

Help has arrived! Is the device activated on a Verizon Wireless account or is this a Wi-Fi only tablet? Have you attempted to enter 0000 to see if this unlocks the device?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

After updating you were prompted to add a passcode, which you probably didn't notice and just hit enter, rather than "no".

you will have to restore with iTunes.

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Sewmagator2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok but the problem is I connected to iTunes and it said, on the computer, you must enter your passcode first. iTunes won't open the iPad without passcode.

Next option?

0 Likes
Sewmagator2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I attempted 0000 then disabled me for 60 min. I bought the iPad through AT&T, but soon after I changed over to Verizon and I have a Verizon jet pack

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying, Sewmagator2. The steps that mama23dogs shared would be the only way to bypass the steps for a forgotten code for that tablet under any type of wireless service. The link she provided has steps to place your phone into recovery mode first, then restore as a new device. This will bypass the notification of needing a passcode then allow you to continue.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This isnt a Verizon or network problem.

it is strictly a screen lock by Apple. 

Please read and follow the directions in the link.  One of the three will recover your iPad.

i hate recovery mode....hope you can resolve with one of the first two options

Sewmagator2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank u. It's unlocked!!!

0 Likes