iPhone 11 Issue's
amberbee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not been a member with Verizon very long... only since May/June 2018 but I have loved their service until today.

When my husband and I first signed up, we purchased 2 brand new iPhone 8 pluses. We brought a total of 10 additional customers onto our plan or their own plan between 2018-2021. We paid off our 8 pluses and traded them in to purchase the XS Max's when they came out. Our other lines have had brand new iPhone 7 pluses, Galaxy s10's, 8 pluses, and 11's. We have also purchased all of our accessories, airpods, iPads etc through them.

December 2020, we upgraded 2 of the 7 pluses and the XS Max's to 11's and also upgraded to a Samsung 5G for one of the other lines.

All of our iPhone 11's have been absolutely atrocious since we got them. They're way to slow to use on a daily basis, they turn off and sometimes won't turn back on, freeze up, drop calls, won't push notifications etc. The list of issues that we have all had with these phones could go on for a light year.

We have obviously attempted to fix them ourselves by resetting them every day, making sure they're updated at all times, clearing out our browsers once a week etc. It did not work.

In the last 4 months, I have been back and forth between Apple's Tech support and Verizon's Tech support and I am getting nowhere. I hate having to look for a different phone company that will buy out my lines because I really like Verizon. But my family's safety comes first.

Verizon will not let me turn in all 4 11's (without having to pay them off) and purchase 12's instead.

In the last 3 years of being a Verizon customer, we have spent over $10,000 with them. We have always paid full price for everything, I am on their insurance plan and apparently nothing is covered.

I understand that Apple is the one who makes the 11, but I purchased the phone through Verizon. It would be nice for them to recognize that the 11's are terrible and allow us to turn them in at no additional charge and then purchase new phones. 

I understand I have not been a customer with them for that long but the phones are bad and they know it because 77 pages of customer discussions on the iPhone 11 board proves it. Along with everyone else who had the issues.

I am literally paying for a phone that won't stay turned on right now. Verizon's policies are appalling.

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 11 Issue's
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for this experience, amberbee. We are happy that you joined the Verizon Wireless family and our goal is for you to have a working phone. We appreciate the helpful information and we want to get a second opinion on this matter with your phones. To clarify, what information did Apple Support provide you about these devices? Did they complete any troubleshooting? Please share more details about what was completed when you contacted them. We don't want you complete duplicate troubleshooting.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
amberbee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for getting back with me so quickly.

Apple said to keep them updated and back up and reset the phones when they are showing any signs of issues. They didn't really seem to concerned with my issues. They said that they could not find any signs of software issues with our phones.

It started when our airpods kept disconnecting from our phones. My husband thought it was the airpods themselves so we all bought the newer airpods because we had the first generation. Then, still thinking it was an issue with the airpods, Apple replaced my husbands twice and they're still disconnecting along with the phone shutting off and sometimes not turning back on, dropping calls etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amberbee, that information is very helpful. Making sure that you have a fully functional device is key to keeping you connected. Please tell us, is there any physical or liquid damage to your phones? To clarify, do all of your iPhone 11 devices disconnect from their Airpods or is this isolated to one phone only? Have the devices been factory reset?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
amberbee
Enthusiast - Level 2

All of the phone's are still in good condition. There is no physical damage to any of the phones and there has been no water damage to any of the phones.

We were backing up then factory resetting per Apples instructions for a little while but realizing that took time and did nothing to fix the issue, we don't do it as often.

The airpod issue applies to all of the 11's on our account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those clarifying details. We would actually recommend continuing with the factory reset and testing your device while its in its factory settings. Performing the factory reset will tell us more about what's going on. 

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes