iPhone 12, 5G SIM card, no 5G icon visible
SR0211
Enthusiast - Level 3

Upon receiving my iPhone 12 Pro, I called and receive the 5G Sim card from Verizon and installed in my new phone, and activated it. I’m currently on unlimited plan with 5G nationwide, but I have not received any 5G icon visible in the upper right hand corner of the screen, LTE only. I’ve driven around the area and still no 5G icon just LTE. Am I not supposed see the 5G icon? I’ve toggled Cellular data options to 5G On or 5G auto and I never receive the icon.  I also turn airplane mode on been off again and still nothing.

located in Florida in-between Clearwater, Saint Petersburg and Tampa if that helps

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 12, 5G SIM card, no 5G icon visible
pwr261
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  According to the coverage map I should get 5g nationwide which my plan offers.   I wonder if Verizon turned on 5g in my plan.  

SR0211
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve tried to call Verizon a couple times and the wait time is incredible, specially the weekend. Never got through and in fact they hung up on me once while I was on hold. Perhaps I should go down to the corporate office one of these days. 

The Verizon map shows that I’m in the nationwide 5G area but I have learned that it may not mean much. Marketing hype I guess.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pwr261, we understand the importance of having 5G. May we ask what ZIP code you are in? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to help you, please use the link listed above to verify Cecile_ VZW

0 Likes
SR0211
Enthusiast - Level 3

34698 is my zip.  Dunedin, Florida

0 Likes
chizl

iphone pro 12 60018 right by ohare international airport. It seems to be a Verizon apple thing with their 5G network.  No status bar either and im with the play more plan. Rep at Verizon told me an update was supposedly coming to fix this issue. That what they said not me. The first post is from November and no fix yikes !. Let's go verizon let's go . get that 5g rolling. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon is currently experiencing a wireless network issue in your area. Our technicians are aware of this and are working to resolve it quickly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is, indeed, correct! Apple will be rolling out an update to their newest devices shortly that will allow access to true 5G and 5GUW networks. 5G will be nationwide, and 5G UW will be every where you go before you know it. If you have any questions that we can assist you with in the meantime, please let us know. We are always happy to assist in any way that we can! 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
KOTC
Enthusiast - Level 2

will there be an update for the 5g on the pixel 5?  im not seeing 5g in my status bar and im in a 5g nation wide area. Speeds are 4g 

0 Likes