iPhone 12 WiFi Calling Not Working - Verizon
geobruin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded to the iPhone 12 Pro and the wifi calling is enabled successfully but never actually turns on/works. The indicator never switches from "Verizon" or "No Service" to "VZW WI-FI" like it used to on my previous iPhone. Calls are routing through the cell tower and when I have "No Service" calls don't work, even though the settings says wifi calling is on. I called Verizon and had a group call with an Apple engineer and reset my phone, network settings, and had Verizon disable and re-enable the wifi calling feature on my account and no success getting it to work... Is anyone else having this issue? My parents wifi calling works on their new iPhone 12 Pro but they have T-Mobile. I'm wondering if wifi calling is only not working on the iPhone 12's on the Verizon network. I don't want to exchange the phone if the new one is going to have the same issue..

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 12 WiFi Calling Not Working - Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to look into this with you. Have you had any trouble connecting to Wi-Fi for any other services on your device? 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
JCash6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  I drop all my calls because it’s not going through our WiFi (was not an issue on my 8).  Apple even exchanged my 12 Pro and it’s still occurring.  It’s WiFi calling specifically which I depend on since we live in an area with terrible cell service.  Just to see what would happen I tried calling my husband while connected to WiFi in airplane mode and even though it should an internet connection on the phone, it told me to connect to WiFi first before placing a call.  Thinking I’ll probably have to return this phone

WINWED1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m have the same issue with my iPhone 12 pro. My wifi calls either drop or won’t even begin. I also have the same problem with my iMessage and regular sms text messages on WiFi.  They won’t send. I’ve reset the network settings but still drops.  My iPhone 11 Pro Max had no issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you are having issues with the WiFi Calling feature on your new phone, JCash6. I am confident that we can resolve this issue for you. You mentioned that you tried to make a call to your husband while connected to WiFi in Airplane Mode. Please turn off the Airplane Mode, power your phone off for 2 full minutes, power the phone on, and try your WiFi call but do not turn on Airplane Mode. Let us know if this works. 

Make sure to enable the WiFi Calling feature on your phone as per this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-208397/) too. 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We appreciate you reaching out on our forums for support and are eager to assist. We would like to take a look into your line provisions to ensure all your features are correctly setup. Please, Private Message us for an agent to assist. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
geobruin
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPDATE: FIXED!

Apple released the iOS 14.2 update yesterday that includes numerous bug fixes. After updating the software, WiFi calling works now!

0 Likes
tsom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Am have no same issue with new iPhone 12 pro. Weak cell service results in NO SERVICE so depend on WiFi calling. However it will not work. Both Verizon service and apple service claim “there’s no problem” but obviously there is an issue with 12’s and WiFi calling. 

Phone also has BAD cell reception, and requires toggling airplane mode even when moving into better coverage area to reconnect to cell service. Also am on latest update of iOS (14.2.1) and doesn’t help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tsom, we are here to help get to the bottom of what's going on with your iPhone 12 Pro. You mentioned you have already worked with us on your phone, what troubleshooting steps have we already tried other than ensuring the latest update? Have we already tried a Network Reset? Here is a link with setp by step instructions. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/ ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
tsom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done the network reset about a half dozen times. I've turned off and back on WiFi Calling, I've rebooted the phone. Here is the initial ticket TR-161133718-E01 and the escalated network ticket NRB000010356289. This phone is less than a week old and has the SIM card that came with it. There are no carrier updates, though with the spotty at best cell reception, I'm not sure it'd even come though if there was one. Verizon support claimed that the Wifi calling was enabled on the phone, but the Apple support rep said that can't be true, as VZW WIFI does not show on the phone. So who's right??