Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
iPhone 4 and network extender troubles
Tylo330

I live in an area where I need a network extender to receive a signal.  All has worked perfectly fine in the last 4 years I've been with Verizon, until about 4 weeks ago when my daughter was trying to send me pictures that I never received.  I then noticed a picture I had sent her didn't go through either. I'm usually connected to wifi, but when I'm not and try to access the internet it says "could not activate cellular date network".   I have tried every suggestion I could find on the internet from other people who have had this issue with no luck, and I do mean everything from toggling off and on this and that, to taking my phone back to factory settings, which by the way, even with no back up and just adding one picture and one contact this issue exists.  When I'm in a 3G area I have cellular data and the phone works fine, including being able to send and receive pictures and being able to access the internet, so I have no reason to believe it's the phone or the settings.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the network extender not playing nice with my iPhone because my husbands Android is able to send and receive pictures and access the internet with no problems.   I would also like to note that about 2 weeks ago I contacted support to see if they had any news, the tech tried sending me a picture which I did just randomly receive about 2-3 hours later, along with a picture my daughter had sent me earlier in the day.  I asked her to send me another one which I got, but after that I tried sending her a picture and the problem was back. 

I have been in contact with technical support and network support, who haven't really helped me.  I don't think they know what the problem is so they just ignore me, as it's been 8 days since I've heard from them.  I think 4 weeks is plenty of time to at least narrow it down.  On my first ticket they asked me to run a speed test, which I did and they were going to check the towers.  They called me on my cell, but I missed the call, thanks for leaving that VM though, no cellular data=no VM, so I didn't know until days later you left a message saying no problems were found.  So I had to start over again, two weeks since the problem started.   On my second ticket they said they didn't do the first ticket right, a week later they called back asking for another speed test, which came back above minimum requirements,  they were going to pass it on to network support and here I wait 8 days later, 4 weeks total with no end in sight.

Today I stopped at the Verizon store hoping they'd have some suggestions.  They said they couldn't do anything on their end, I'd have to call technical support...The only thing they told me that was new was something about a security breach with Samsung extenders, and maybe an update was pushed to my extender that's not playing nice with iPhone.  But how do I check on something like that, who do I report this to??   If that was the case wouldn't Verizon tech support know about it?  I'm not getting any help and I don't feel like anyone at Verizon really cares, but you can bet if my payment was 4 weeks late there'd be an issue. 

Any suggestions? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 and network extender troubles
Tylo330

19 views, no replies, cool, I'll check back later.  Patiently waiting seems to be my new middle name...

0 Likes
Tylo330

...and still crickets, awesome.  Not like I really expected any help anyways.

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

How old is the extender?  Can it support 1x or both 1x and 3G?  Try checking the space for more suggestions and similar questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes