iPhone 4S 11/18/11 Shiping Date
MadCityDad1

So has anyone gotten their iPhone 4S yet that had a 11/18/11 ship date? I'm waiting on a 32G Black.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S 11/18/11 Shiping Date
yellowcanary73
I got lucky my wife has wanted to get rid of her DroidX since last update nothing but trouble.Looked on line at Apple late last night and was able to reserve a 32gig picked up at 10am.
0 Likes
goavs4

Nope,  I have the 11/18/11 ship date for one black 64gb and one black 32gb.   Initially when I checked the order online it would only say (Expected ship date of 11/18/11)  Now all it says is the site is experiencing "technical difficulties"  which makes me nervous because other posts here say they saw that and called and found out their orders had errors and they ended up at the "back of the line" with new ship dates of December! 

Does anyone on here actualy know what is going on or does Verizon really treat their customers this poorly?   (Not yet, and maybe never will be a Verizon customer)

0 Likes
pvonk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been going to the status page for a week now, entering the order no., last name, and store location code (I had ordered at the VZ store) and initially got a "we have your order" notice.  A day later, I'd get the "there's an error with you information" (or some such thing).  Then I tried another radio button on the page, indicating it was a web order, entered order no. and last name.  I'd then got a message about getting my order, it was processing.  The day after that until today, I'd get the "technical difficulties" message when I checked the status page.

Well, the "order no." I was entering was the one on my cash register receipt that I got from the store.  A few days ago, I did get an email telling me they got my order.  However, I just noticed that what was initially the "order no." on the receipt, was now referred to as the "preorder confirmation" in the email.  It also included a new number labeled as the "Order Number".  So I used that (with the store order radio button chosen) along with my last name and store location code, and behold, I got a page that listed my order with an empty text box for the tracking number.  So it's clear it hasn't been shipped and that the order is safely in VZ's order system.

Oh, before the current order, I had placed my first order at the store a week before the one I reference above, and when I got an error in the status page about not have such an order, I returned to the store.  They checked in their computers and found no such order (I also had the receipt for that one).  They then placed the second order, which now shows up in their system as described above.  Clearly, there was a problem with that first order.  With the second, it seems I was using the wrong "order number" in the status page.  I think you need to check the email confirmation - assuming you got one.

BTW, the first order on 11/7 had shipping on or before 11/25 (listed on the store's order page on the web).The second order on 11/10 had a ship on or before 11/30.  Again, these dates were displayed on the computer terminal when the orders were placed at the sales desk at the store.  

0 Likes
goavs4

Yes,  after some googling yesterday I found a link to a completely different order status page at VZW.com  (hint: preorder , iconic) and when I entered the same order number above and my last name (the same combination that gives the "tech difficulties" on the main order status page)  lo and behold the magic secret order status site reported back the secondary order number,  order location code (whatever that is) and stated my order is still in their system with an expected ship date of 11/18/2011 and I also see the blank tracking number box and blank courier box  with two buttons below (Modify Payment and Cancel Order)   So apparently everything is fine with the order at least at this point.  

I think having three seperate order numbers, at least two sites to check order status (and multiple options on the main one like VZW.com,  VZW store and Phone order) and nebulous messages like  "The site is experiencing technical difficulties" doesn't really convey a clear message to the consumer concerning the status of their order, especially when there are so many message boards and threads here and elsewhere with wildly conflicting stories about orders.  Those who recieved phones days before their date,  others whose orders were cancelled,  CS reps that had no idea on the phone after multiple tries, re-orders that pushed back the recieve dates a month, and of course the wonderfully informative "technival difficulties" message etc....   Anyway, I guess I only have to wait another day or so before I find out how my order is handled!

0 Likes
fmj

My  Verizon Wireless Order Confirmation says Ship By: 12/09/2011 and my visa debit card was not charged yet is this normal

Order Summary:

Preorder
Confirmation:
xxxxxxxxx  

Order Number: xxxxx  

OrderLocation: xxxxx  

Ship By: 12/09/2011

0 Likes
goavs4

That seems to be normal so far,  I ordered on  11/04/11  with an expected ship date of today and I have still not seen any charge on my card and the only info I have is the same info you posted (the multiple order numbers and expected ship by date)   From other posts here I believe the process is you basically get no information until you get an e-mail/cc charge simultaneously, with the e-mail containing a tracking number and carrier information.

0 Likes
goavs4

Update,  I got the shipping confirmation e-mail just now and my phones will be here by Monday via FedEx  (again ordered on 11/04/11 and the ship by date was today 11/18/11)

0 Likes
am24

I ordered a black 16GB 4s on 11/11/11.  I was originally told that the phone would be here by this Thursday (11/17/11).  I called two different CSRs last night.  The first one quickly said, "Oh, your phone will be there tomorrow no later than 7 pm." She then hung up.  The second CSR was very helpful.  She said that there is a back order.  However, the orders with 11/18/11 shipping date were beginning to go out.  My shipping date is 12/9/11.  She said that I may get it earlier, but she wasn't certain.  So, I wait.  I had an iPhone for 12 days.  It crashed while installing the new upgrade.  I originally thought that they were waiting on the original phone to be returned.  But, it arrived and was processed yesterday.  Apparently, they are waiting on Apple to provide more.  It is a hot item!

0 Likes
fj

this is the one i ordered on the 17th with a ship date 12/9/2011

Item Description                      Quantity Your Price 

AppleiPhone 4S 32GB  black     1             $299.99

0 Likes