iPhone 4S exchange to iPhone 5
cowensmac

I recently just transferred from AT&T on September 10th and bought the iPhone 4S. Yesterday I got news that the iPhone 5 pre-order is tomorrow (September 14th). I'm wanting to keep my number and everything I would like to exchange my 4S to the 5. Would I still be eligible to exchange? If so, would it be best for me to pre-order or wait til the iPhone 5 actually comes out on September 21st? My last day to do an exchange is September 24th.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4S exchange to iPhone 5
cowensmac

Couldn't I keep my iPhone 4S, preorder the phone, and pick it up in the store when it's available to switch out?

0 Likes
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

youd have to pay full price if you did that.. youd probably be able to refund and exchange.. you will have to pay a restocking fee though

0 Likes
Drew614

No, that would be adding new line of service. Honestly I'd go wait in line on the 21st and ask to exchange it. You are in full exchange rights, however you maybe charged a restocking fee of $15.00 or more.

0 Likes
Skaterculture

Yes it would be best for you to hold onto the phone until then.  When you return it within the Worry Free Guarantee you will be refunded the original amount you paid for the phone LESS a restocking fee.

Your only real risk is if you drop the phone or damage it in some way voiding the warranty or return period.  So treat that phone VERY carefully as to not void it's warranty.

I'm sure there will be lines everywhere so make sure you get to the store EARLY.  You'll not only get a refund for your 4s, but you'll ALSO get a 2 yr discount with your Iphone5...

I suggest you wait.

0 Likes