iPhone 5 Camera App Preview Error (Blurry)
egilbbys21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Heres an interesting issue i found on my iPhone 5. If i use the camera app to take a photo, then swipe left to view the photo, the last taken photo is extemely blurry. Most camera previews do this then load the clear photo once the processing power catches up, but this one stays blurry.  If I go into the photos app and view the photo its ok, also if I rotate the screen on the blurry photo it will become clear. Anyone else having this issue?  It is bothersome as I always swipe left to check the photo I just took. Have tried restarting camera app, hard reset and full restore.  I imagine Apple could release a software fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 Camera App Preview Error (Blurry)
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it is a bug that Apple is aware of then they will release an update to address it...when that update will occur no one can say. I haven't seen the issue you mentioned so far, but if it's an issue that many are seeing I'm pretty sure the Apple support forums are already buzzing about it. Have you contacted Apple about the issue?

0 Likes
egilbbys21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have and I just got the runaround, restore it or take it to the store. The restore didnt do anything. I'm still debating whether I should try to exchange it considering all the other issues people are experiencing right now. I havent seen any others with this issue across the web, however its a rather obscure error so I dont know if a lot would have come across it yet.  We'll have to wait and see, though it does sound software related to me...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

In all fairness, the tech support process (from Apple or VZW) will always start with Reset or Restore...especially if it is a new issue that no one really knows about. At this time...with the phone being less than a week old, any and all issues mentioned that are solely related to the iPhone 5 are going to be  "new" so...you're going to be told to try resetting or restoring. I know there used to be the "5 R's" for troubleshooting Apple products...this may have only applied to iPods but usually, if you attempted those before contacting Apple your issue would be resolved. Reset and Restore were 2 of those R's (Restart, which would be like a soft reset was also one of them. Can't remember the last 2). Not sure if exchanging is what you need to do at this point but it's always an option...although you will have to wait awhile to receive a replacement right now. Plus, you have to remember if you exchange for issues you aren't actually having but then end up with a device that DOES have those issues you won't have another exchange option under your 14 day exchange period. You will be locked in to the device and any exchanges you receive could be "refurbished"....or "like new"...which I know wouldn't make me happy if my iPhone isn't even a month old...or in this case a week! That's a judgement call though. My thought has always been if it ain't broke...otherwise you may not like what you end up with and wish you still had your original device.

0 Likes
MickMag22

I just got my 1st iPhone. I have always had Androids and love them but on a whim got the iPhone5. I am so disappointed in  the picture quality from the camera. They are BLURRY!! My Droid was crystal clear. I am hoping it is a cliche and will be updated soon. I cannot believe the quality. Plus, I am disappointed they they don't give your more editing options like the Droid. The good out weighs the bad with this phone, though. Guess I will just have to carry my Droid with me to take pictures =(

0 Likes