iPhone 5, but must change data plan from unlimited to limited???
Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just pre ordered the iPhone 5, but no matter what I do I still have to change my unlimited data plan to a limited data plan??

Keep in mind that I'm paying full retail price of $749 for a the 32GB iPhone 5!

I was under the assumption that if I pay full retail, I would retain my unlimited data plan and current calling plan. Has something changed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5, but must change data plan from unlimited to limited???
infiniteuser

It doesn't appear to work.  I was able to pay full price and keep my unlimited data by pre-ordering on Apple's website, though.

0 Likes
krso18

try using the apple store app on your phone that appears to work.

0 Likes
Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

The apple website isn't working....

0 Likes
Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

how do I select the full retail option? it's only letting me select the upgrade option

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you opt to order via the Apple website it shows it correctly. It shows your current plan and  your current  data plan (mine shows as "unlimited iPhone data". For whatever reason it looks like VZW may be leaving that option off and saying you have to  choose one of the plans listed. But it doesn't  say if they will change it back or if it will be corrected. So I opted to go on the Apple site. Quick and easy. And no chance of being told that because you picked one of those plans your unlimited data can't  be added back. Asked a chat rep and so far they can't seem to answer what is exactly going on but here is what they did say:

Rob: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service.  May I help you with your order today?

Kaebfly: I was wondering why the option to keep your unlimited data when paying full retail does not show while upgrading to the iPhone 5

Kaebfly: But it shows if you do it on the Apple website

Rob: I'm not sure why it won't let you keep it if you are paying full retail price.

Kaebfly: I don't know either but I think I'll just complete my order via the Apple website. I refuse to pick one of the plans showing on VZW ordering page when I should be able to keep my current unlimited plan

Rob: Ok, I do apoligize about the issue.

Kaebfly: I notice a lot of people are asking the same thing on the forum.

Rob: Yeah I will find an answer out for you.

Kaebfly: It looks like you are being forced to switch the way VZW has it set up

Rob: What I found out is if you do the order you can have customer service switch it back for you as you paid full retail price.

Kaebfly: I was told once before by a rep that if I changed it, it could not be switched back. I will post that to the others asking, but I will order through Apple myself just to feel more safe that there won't be any issues. Thank you

Rob: Ok no problem.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The Apple website should be working. I placed my order on it. It did start significantly later than the 12:01 am PST/3:01 EST but it is working now. Try another browser if you are still having trouble

0 Likes
krso18

Good post. I would definitely not choose a new data plan and hope a customer service rep switches you back. Much safer to order through apple.

0 Likes
Gotham
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple won't let me order as I have already pre-ordered with Verizon.

I can't cancel my Verizon oder since it's not yet in their systems

0 Likes
Mike_Hill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just placed my order on Apple. Says "Unlimited Iphone" and contract duration "Month to Month".. thanks!!!!!! SO GLAD I didnt just order and lose my data plan!!!!

0 Likes