iPhone 5 not making calls or texts
doonmeister

My VZW iPhone 5 just started not being able to make phone calls or receive texts at home. I do have signal and I have not had a problem before. The phone is a little over a week old.

I have already gone into settings > general > reset and reset the settings and the network settings. I have turned the phone off and back on multiple times. I have reset the phone by pressing power and home button for a few seconds. None of these are fixing the problem. Is there a tower out near my area? I live in northern Indiana about 10 mines south of the Michigan border.

Again I have not had this problem since I've had the phone until today. The phone is showing that I do have a Verizon signal but it won't complete calls or send/receive texts.

As a side note, I CAN receive texts if I am on my local private wifi. Please help! I can't even call VZW for support.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 not making calls or texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you are receiving text message over your private WiFi network? Could they be iMessages instead?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
doonmeister

I'm not sure, all I know is nothing works at ALL unless I'm on wifi. If I turn wifi off, I stop receiving texts. Phone does not work either way.

0 Likes
Yenrec

i am having same exact problem, also in northern indiana. Made calls away from my house earlier, but they were spotty and i had to have speaker phone on for them to hear me. I have 4g lte 2-4 bars at home and cannot make call, keep getting voicemails from people randomly though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi doonmeister,

Not having service (calls & texts) at all must be very frustrating! It appears that you have done most basic troubleshooting and issue persist. I see that your post is dated November 19; I trust that you called us at 800-922-0204 from other line already and the issue has been resolved by now. Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media team monitors the posts, the best way to get immediate assistance for critical issues (such as inability to call/text) is to call us from a different line to troubleshoot your device, or send us a message on twitter @VZWSupport at your convenience. If you still need assistance with this service issue please follow me and send me a direct message including your full name as it appears on your account and your wireless number. I'll check the area for service alerts and follow up with you.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ponderous

On your iphone 5 go to: settings-messagin-send&recieve:  Make sure your number is listed in this format:

+1(603)555-1212

Next: go to the contact who is not getting your texts - delete the entire text thread between the two of you.

Lastly: then go that contacts page in your phone book and make sure their number is also listed as:

+1(603)555-1212

This worked for all four of the people who couldn't receive my text.  I don't know if it will work for international calls.

Verizon & apple support is usless

0 Likes