iPhone 5 not receiving text from an ATT iPhone 5
Perk123

Beginning September 29, I am not receiving texts from one ATT user who has an iPhone 5.  I had made no changes since last receiving texts from this ATT user (I was still on iOS6) and the ATT user had made no changes.  His device indicates the messages were delivered, but I am not receiving them.  However, I am receiving texts from other ATT iPhone 5 users.

I tried turning off iMessage but that didn't fix the problem.  I powered off my device, but that didn't fix the problem.   I upgraded to iOS7.0.2, but that didn't fix the problem.  I checked to see if I had inadvertently blocked the ATT user's number, but no numbers are blocked.  I am at a total loss.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 not receiving text from an ATT iPhone 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perk123, this is a text messaging mystery! I'm on the case. I recommend that delete all unwanted text messages on your device and power it off/on to soft reset it.

You will also need to advise your friend that has the AT&T iPhone to reset the network on their device. This can be done by accessing Settings >General >Reset >Reset Network.

Lastly your friend needs to verify if your contact has been set up to block calls and text messages from your mobile number. This option is located in Contacts >your contact> Block this caller.

Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes