Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
iPhone 5 - sim failure
slccmr

I keep getting a "sim failure" message on my iphone 5. To fix I must turn the phone off completely and then back on, but only works for somewhere between a several minutes and a several hours. In the meantime I miss calls, and since I use the phone as my main business line this is a BIG problem.  I have taken the phone back to the Verizon where I purchased it and they replaced the sim card (3 times now), but it is not a permanent fix and on this last return they wanted to charge me $10.  Why?   What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 - sim failure
bigglezworth

I don't have an answer for you, but I have been having the same issue for the past 2 days.  I have an iphone 5 that is a little over a year old.  I have had zero issues until now.  I get either "sim failure" or "no sim found".  The only thing that works is restarting the phone. It seems to be happening with greater frequency.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just go into the Verizon Corporate store and they will exchange it for a new sim card.

You can also call 1-800-922-0204 or *611 and ask them to mail you one. They are free.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bigglezworth,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. We do not want you to have to power cycle your phone constantly to be able to use it. Did you have a chance to get your SIM replaced? If not, please private message me so we can get you a new SIM sent out.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes