iPhone 5 used to Tag people on to FB but doesn't do it now
INA1977

I tried to tag people in on conversations and now it won't! It's very irritating considering I was able to do it when I was able to when I first got the phone! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tech support is down I guess.

Thank you!

INA1977

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 used to Tag people on to FB but doesn't do it now
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The issue would be app related and not the iPhone itself. FB probably needs to release an update to fix bugs/issues with the app being used with iOS 6.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kaebfly wrote:

The issue would be app related and not the iPhone itself. FB probably needs to release an update to fix bugs/issues with the app being used with iOS 6.

You do know it's not a real app right?  It's just a browser overlay acting as an app that shows the touch mobile version of Facebook.  They are working on a native true app, but they haven't released them yet.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Facebook advertises it as the Official Facebook App to the best of my knowledge so until something else is released it's an app as far as what is offered for the iPhone. Also, the app is a little different than the mobile version that you use via Safari (I have used both since the mobile version is what opens when you click a link inside of an emailed notification). And when things aren't acting quite right in the app the same doesn't seem to be the issue in the mobile version. They do push out updates for bug fixes, but I guess based on what you're saying that doesn't mean it's a true app.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it's the overlay and their touch mobile site.  Smiley Happy  It's nothing more than a browser that points you to their Facebook page.  It's a 1/2 wit attempt to get an app out there without putting any effort into it.

In order for the fix he is looking for it needs to be on Facebooks end and not the "browser" overlay.

They are really working on a "native" application and not some funky overlay thing they have been doing for a long time now.

0 Likes
INA1977

Good info everyone!

No. As far as I know it's Facebook IOS. That's all I know 😕 is everyone else able to tag people into their Facebook?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Well, assuming the tag thing is a bug then the OP can go into the mobile version on Safari and click on "Report a Bug" on the pull down menu (or side menu that you open when you click on the 3 lined icon at the top left hand corner). It's not an option in the app version so they'll need to open the true mobile version in Safari.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No, the option disappeared when iOS 6 came out. But when iOS 6 first released there was a bug that wouldn't let a photo you saved from FB actually show up in the camera roll. An update was immediately released (maybe the next day) and the issue was fixed. That's why I say if tagging not showing is truly a bug and not something FB intentionally left out of the latest app version then they'll need to be notified so hopefully their next update fixes it.

0 Likes