iPhone 5S extreme data usage
JB52

I've had my iPhone 5S ever since last Christmas and never had a problem with data usage, but all of a sudden the past two months I've exceeded or come close to the max amount of the family plan I am on with my family. I'm talking 23GB  of data usage for last month! I did watch many youtube videos over cellular network last month and didn't know it ate up such a huge amount of data, so I stopped doing that. But still, I checked today and I'm at 12.15GB. It seems like even when I'm on a WiFi network my data usage still is through the roof, has anyone experienced the same thing? I really don't want to exceed my plan's limit again and have to pay the penalty fee, any help is appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5S extreme data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you with any overage, JB52. Is it possible that you stopped watching the videos a little bit into the current cycle creating a higher usage for the first few days/week? If you go into Settings>Cellular and scroll down, what applications are reflecting the most data usage? You can select certain applications to turn off cellular data here too to decrease the data applied to your allowance.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you with any overage, JB52. Is it possible that you stopped watching the videos a little bit into the current cycle creating a higher usage for the first few days/week? If you go into Settings>Cellular and scroll down, what applications are reflecting the most data usage? You can select certain applications to turn off cellular data here too to decrease the data applied to your allowance.

JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
JB52

I stopped watching videos over cellular this cycle when my usage was at 6GB, so no way it should have spiked this high. Youtube definitely is the highest at 69.3GB with Safari at 19.3GB, instagram at 6.4GB, and facebook at 8.8GB. I'm assuming this is total usage over the life of the phone since the total for current period is 125GB. I don't know why this would still increase by so much given I don't watch youtube videos over cellular anymore, just WiFi.

0 Likes