iPhone 5s Extended coverage but Jetpack 4 bars LTE
hwood7687
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently driving on a highway and my iPhone 5S is showing "Extended" with full bars, but not "Verizon" however my Verizon Jetpack sitting next to the phone has 4 of 5 bars LTE. Going to airplane mode and back doesn't change anything.  I don't understand why no Verizon coverage.

Labels (2)
Re: iPhone 5s Extended coverage but Jetpack 4 bars LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this coverage mystery hwood7687! Please share the trouble ZIP code and we'll look into this pronto!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Sletchford
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having that same issue and have been for the past month or two. I am in downtown Orlando and surrounding late cities where I have always had coverage but suddenly I am on Extended constantly. Right this moment I am in 32802 on extended LTE. A few minutes ago I was in 32714 as well as 32771 and it was on extended 1x so my phone was useless for data. I had never had problems in these areas before.

What is going on? Has something changed with Verizon coverage in Central Florida or is my phone having a problem?

0 Likes
Sletchford
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having that same issue and have been for the past month or two. I am in downtown Orlando and surrounding late cities where I have always had coverage but suddenly I am on Extended constantly. Right this moment I am in 32802 on extended LTE. A few minutes ago I was in 32714 as well as 32771 and it was on extended 1x so my phone was useless for data. I had never had problems in these areas before.

What is going on? Has something changed with Verizon coverage in Central Florida or is my phone having a problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sletchford!

I want you to be happy with your service! Since you mentioned that you have never had issues in these areas before, I checked to see if any tickets have been created for the areas you mentioned. I don't find anything that's recent. So, let's try some troubleshooting on your device, OK? Please reset the network settings for me: http://vz.to/171AaN8 No worries, you won't lose any data when trying this step. Keep me posted with the results!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes