iPhone 5s Not able to Send or Receive Texts
jswensson

Hi, we just activated an iPhone 5S for our son last week and it is part of the family plan with shared data/texting etc.  Calls and the internet work fine.  Texting does not.  He is unable to send or receive texts (to and from both iOS and Android devices).  We have made sure he is connected to the wireless or has data service, that in Settings > Messages iMessage is set to MMS. Finally, we restarted the phone.  No luck.  Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s Not able to Send or Receive Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We know it's important to have texting working for your son's new phone. What happens when he tries to send a text? Also, make sure the old phone is powered off.   SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jswensson

His old phone has been powered off for a week. What happens when he

attempts to text from the iPhone is he gets an error message "Not

Delivered".

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 2:38 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
curious98589
Enthusiast - Level 2

And.... I guess no answer. TO VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVIE

I have a 5S that does the same thing, but not all the time- Example: I will text my brother, him me back, I reply- but anything after that I get a Not Delivered error if I reply, but eventually it will go through if I wait a few minutes.

But like right now I have a 4 line text reply that stated not deliverable, but all of the sudden it has been "sending..."

for the last 15 minutes.

0 Likes