iPhone 5s cycles off and on
E6SKY
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone (fully charged), when I've closed it (using the top button), cycles on and off every 60 to 90 seconds. The home screen lights up for about 10 seconds, then goes black again. That is also about the same disconnect/reconnect timing that happens with my Bluetooth Streamer Pro 1.3 media link when I am talking on the phone. It cycles back and forth from my ear buds to the cell phone. In my Settings, already have checked the Bluetooth settings, checked Forget the Streamer Pro 1.3 and paired it again, tried turning off all the cellular connections for apps, and reset the phone (turning it completely off and on again). None of that has stopped it.  Any more ideas for me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5s cycles off and on
E6SKY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I have gotten this problem corrected just yesterday.  I have a Streamer Pro 1.3 that provides bluetooth between my iPhone 5s (or my computer) and my hearing aids, letting my hearing aids act just like earbuds.  When I upgraded my iPhone to OS 10 I began to have this problem.  It turned out that Streamer Pro needed a firmware update, which I got at a hearing appointment yesterday. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you for your reply, Andrew!  I appreciate your taking the time to help me. 

Anne

View solution in original post

0 Likes
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

E6SKY,

Having your phone continually go on and off would get old fast. I want to make sure you can count on your phone to work awesome. When did this start happening? Does it still happen with Bluetooth turned off?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
E6SKY
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I have gotten this problem corrected just yesterday.  I have a Streamer Pro 1.3 that provides bluetooth between my iPhone 5s (or my computer) and my hearing aids, letting my hearing aids act just like earbuds.  When I upgraded my iPhone to OS 10 I began to have this problem.  It turned out that Streamer Pro needed a firmware update, which I got at a hearing appointment yesterday. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you for your reply, Andrew!  I appreciate your taking the time to help me. 

Anne

0 Likes