iPhone 5s hacked?
christomapher

iphone 5s muting during calls/dialing numbers/dropping/will not connect to 4G / LTE. I also cannot manually set the APN settings and from what I have read, with Verizon I should be able to do so.....I have downloaded a data tracking app (DataWiz) and there are locations across the city I live in (Phoenix, AZ) that are taking several (sometimes hundreds) of MB or data both on my mobile network and via my home wifi. This also shows on Google Location History.  Also my location seems to be off even when at home (usually either exactly where i am, or in a building across from me, or in the apartment next to mine, or in the parking lot....but always in those same spots) there are also houses in my neighborhood (nearly 1/2 mile away) that my account regularly connects at. There is no cellphone tower or anything at these places they are homes - one I looked up on google street maps and it literally looks like a squat with (I'm being serious here) hoboish looking guys lying around in the yard. I know that signals can kind of "wander" like that occasionally....but is it normal for them to connect to the same spots and to draw that much data (especially both using mobile and wifi)?

I am sure somehow my phone/verizon account has been hacked (possibly by a neighbor) but I don't know what measures to take to prove it. I have spoken to the police about it but without any kind of hard evidence they don't seem to want to life a finger to help me.....can someone PLEASE help me? It's past the point where its kind of creeping me out. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s hacked?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If I skip the paranoid stuff and just focus on the problems you're having with your phone which are:

"iphone 5s muting during calls/dialing numbers/dropping/will not connect to 4G / LTE. I also cannot manually set the APN settings"

It sounds like your iPhone 5s is just having issues. You could factory reset it if you think it's been hacked and also change your apple ID log in password. Those 2 things might help with the phone issues and make you feel more secure about your device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here for you christomapher. We do value your security and want to make sure everything is okay. Were you able to follow the steps that was provided to you by MiiHere? If you do not want to want to do the factory reset I can totally understand and we can start with the basics. When the phone goes mute does it happen on every call? What is your zip code? How far do you have to go in order to get your services to work?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
christomapher

already did a factory reset. changed my apple id already. changed the sim. changed the APN settings. i will pick up my phone to find an app/apps open that I did not open. (i try to close everything when I'm done using them to save on battery power). airplay/airdrop will randomly be on/off. i am not paranoid. and i have enough tech knowledge to know that somethings up, just not enough to know exactly what it is lol. The thing that especially worries me is the use of my mobile/wifi account pretty far away from home sometimes, in places that I have never been. at times, it shows me logged in at two places simultaneously. Could someone use my credentials to log into VZ Access Manager remotely and connect that way? The distance between me and these other spots are too far for it to be random,

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Explain what you mean by saying you see your mobile / wifi being used or connected far away to places you've never been.

0 Likes