iPhone 5s reception and bluetooth issues
jbk224

Just upgraded from 4s to 5s.  Immediately noticed that my bars at home went from 3-4 to 1-2.  Also noticed the weaker signal in other locations as well.  After reading some of the blogs here I switched off LTE and my bars increased to match the 4s.  This must be a Verizon issue and not Apple.  Clearly the LTE signal is not as strong in the same areas as the 3G.  My contract(s)-2 phones upgraded are up and this upgrade initiated a new two year agreement.  I'm thinking of returning the 5s and go back to the 4s.  Month to Month and I can switch if another carrier's LTE network is better.

Also have a problem with my bluetooth connection in my car disconnecting much too often.  After Apple diagnostics, went to my car service and found out that the software from the manufacturer is not yet caught up with the 5s. My 4s worked just fine.  Now maybe the signal strength is the issue and not the bluetooth.  I'll check this out. I would like to hear from Verizon about the reception though.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s reception and bluetooth issues
Koryan

Hi i just want to ask how much is the iphone 5s when you upgrade? Is it $199? Thanks!

0 Likes
McDeee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.  Mine keeps going into 1x all the time, so much so that I basically can't check my data unless I am at home.  This is so frustrating because the 4 worked just fine. 

I'm super annoyed.  I've never had a problem with Verizon's service before, but this is way worse than my boyfriend's AT&T service-- I'm unable to iMessage, email, facebook, etc. pretty much all the time. 

I might actually consider switching carriers when my contract is up it's so bad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jbk224,

That indeed sounds alarming! We want your service to be great at all times! We would be delighted to look into the area. Can you provide us with a zip code of the location that you notice issues? Have you attempted to remove & reinsert SIM Card? Is WIFI activated or on on the device? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
jbk224

Hi Matt,

11005. No to the SIM card. Yes to hype wifi.

Sent from jbk's iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Koryan,

Pretty sweet deal, right? So to confirm, the iPhone 5S 16GB model is $199 at discounted pricing before taxes and fees http://vz.to/1hwFnRV .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

McDeee, this is an unfortunate coincidence. We hope that you reconsider your decision to switch to another wireless carrier and allow us the opportunity to resolve these issues for you.

First, I recommend that you reset the network on your iPhone 5S like this http://vz.to/186cDNz Next, disable and then enable iMessaging in your device in Settings >Messages> tap iMessage. Lastly, power your device off/on to soft reset it. I trust that these steps will improve the performance of your device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbk224,

Outstanding details. Upon review, coverage is looking solid out there. Are you noticing these issues indoors only? Also, the bars on your phone are typically related to voice quality. Despite having 1-2 bars, are you data speeds dramatically slower on 4G? For now, please remove/reinsert the SIM to force a network refresh, test, and share results. We're on standby for you.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
Pnhtricey
Contributor - Level 1

I agree, my 5s seems to be working when I turn off LTE and just stick to 3G. Not what I am willing to pay for if my phone is supposed to have the LTE capability.. I didn't have this problem when I had my S4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to always get what you pay for Pnhtricey. Enjoying LTE service is our #1 priority. What zipcode are you located in? I can check for known issues in the area. Are your service issues inside out outside? Are issues with data or just calls. Lets tackle your service issues today? I look forward to hearing from you.

Kinquana

0 Likes