iPhone 5s showing extended network instead of Verizon.
pgeiger

Every since I did the update on my iPhone 5s my phone has been showing extended network instead of Verizon. After reading the post, I find I'm not the only one with this problem. After almost 3 weeks with Verizon support, Apple support, trouble tickets, resetting, restoring, reinstalling, something called reprovision, a new phone and 2 new sim cards, I finally got an answer to the problem. Since I have Verizon service with an Alltel plan the update will not work. Verizon and Apple are aware of the problem but the do not like to admit it. The only solution I was offered was to change my plan to a Verizon one which would be a lot more money for a lot less service, or they would have the local store loan me a different type of smart phone ( Droid or whatever they had available) for me to use till Apple does another update with a fix. I'm not really happy with any of the options Verizon is giving me. If they can not provide me with acceptable service I think they should be the ones making the concessions, not the customers who are not getting what we are paying for. Verizon needs to come up with an acceptable plan to replace the Alltel plans.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s showing extended network instead of Verizon.
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Although it says extended is it actually impacting your svc for calls texts and speed test results?

0 Likes
pgeiger

Yes it is. I'm missing calls, dropping calls and can rarely connect to the internet unless I have a wireless signal. I often receive texts hours after they have been sent. Not the type of service I have been used to!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Well the only thing I can think of is having what's calle a hybrid prl sent down . A tech support rep what have to do that until that update you refer too and you have to reseat the sim during that process. Uh huh yup agree they want you on vzw plan

0 Likes
pgeiger

They tried the hybrid prl too. Didn't work.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

I've never heard of the Alltel plan. I have the More Everything Plan with 4 lines. No problems.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Alltel had a smartpack plan which included unlimited data. So I imagine he's on that. Vzw of course is in it BIGTIME for the $ hence they'll need to phase out those plans by any means. Making things difficult with extended areas etc. They already made alltel phones unusable years ago

0 Likes
michellephx

Was this ever fixed? I am having the same issue with my Iphone 5c. I too am on an Alltel plan and coverage says 'Extended'. Along with severe lag time when accessing texts and phone calls as well as missed calls.

0 Likes