iPhone 6 Pre-order - Early Edge or New Contract?
benboy12
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I noticed that a lot of people, who are not eligible for an upgrade, are interested in Pre-Ordering an iPhone 6. I am the same boat and it seems like there are three options:

1.) Buy the phone at full retail price

2.) "Early Edge" by giving up your current phone and enrolling in the Edge program

3.) Opening a new line of service and getting the trade in deal on the iPhone 6, and paying the early termination fee on the old line

What is everyone doing in this situation? Option1 isn't really an option as I don't have $800 to throw down on the model I want. Option #2 is nice because you don't have to pay anything other than sales tax up front, but you are indebted for additional almost $30 a month for $20 months. Option #3 would allow you to basically start your contract over for $300 bucks, as the iPhone trade in deal would essentially eliminate the early termination fee (depending on your current phone model and how far you have been in your contract). I have also heard that you would lose your current phone number under option #3.

I am still not sure what I am going to do, but I thought I would get some opinions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 Pre-order - Early Edge or New Contract?
rcschnoor
Legend

Don't forget option #4 which is to wait until you are eligible for a discounted upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Pre-order - Early Edge or New Contract?
rcschnoor
Legend

Don't forget option #4 which is to wait until you are eligible for a discounted upgrade.

0 Likes