iPhone 6+ Water Damage /AppleCare Questions
robby24186

Hello ;(

OK so, yesteray morning I dropped my iPhone 6 Plus (Gold/16GB) in a pot we used for lasgna there was only water in there.

MY 6+ has a Glass Screen Protector and a Grey Outer Box Grey case. i quickly dried it off no RICE no HAIR DRIER just a towel. I checked the sound, the sound worked as if nothing happened no static just normal. So I carry on my day,  so around 6 when im on Twitter all of an sudden my screen went blank. And it wouldn't turn back on. I checked to see if the Screenshot sound and the Siri sound is noticeable. You could hear the screenshot sound and siri sound. So I know it still works. You can see a little  brighter screen so I know when I turn display on or off.

AppleCare+ Questions:

My plan is the "Unlimited Talk,Text,Data" and all of my friends say that for the first year of the two year contract they can fix your device for free for th first year. And for the second year it cost $199 (@Verizon) is that true? I know some friends who have got fixed for free the fist year at Verizon

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6+ Water Damage /AppleCare Questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, I understand how upsetting it can be when you accidently damage your phone robby24186. I will be more than happy to provide clarification regarding the manufactures warranty on your phone. When purchasing a new phone with us it comes with a manufactures warranty which will replace the device with a certified like new replacement of the same make & model, if it were to experience a manufacture malfunction.  However, this does not cover physical or water damage. In the event you have physical or water damage to your device, you would need file an insurance claim to replace your phone. Do you have equipment insurance on your line? Did you purchase AppleCare+ protection plan when you purhcased your iPhone? If you purchased AppleCare+, they have different replacement options.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you pay Apple $99 for AppleCare+ extended warranty? If so, replacement through Apple is $79.  If you have just the standard AppleCare warranty that comes with the phone, damage is not covered. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Just to clarify something...Apple's standard manufacturer warranty on the iPhone is NOT AppleCare (standard or otherwise) so the label shouldn't be used to describe the normal warranty. AppleCare standard isn't available on the iPhone anymore to the best of my knowledge but it used to provide more than the manufacturer warranty such as continued phone support beyond the 90 days automatically received on the device (and other benefits). It too didn't cover accidental damage but it was still an upgrade from the manufacturer warranty. I only mention this because I recall being in an Apple Store once and hearing a customer fuss and complain that they had AppleCare because it came automatically with their product (her salesperson incorrectly labeled it AppleCare) so she thought she was supposed to receive the 2 years coverage versus the 1 year that is the standard warranty.

robby24186

I dont have Apple care and only limited a warrant Smiley Sad  Im just going to give up R.I.P 6+ Smiley Sad  it's going to cost like 400$

0 Likes