iPhone 6 in Thailand
bryanparke

I purchased the iPhone 6 for Verizon for use in the US but I will be traveling to Thailand for a couple of weeks.  My hope is to purchase a Thai / local pre-paid nano SIM card and use it in my iPhone 6.  From everything I've read I should be able to easily use a local carrier (even a GSM carrier) because the iPhone 6 from Verizon is "unlocked from the factory" - trouble is that I have also read that there are multiple versions of the Verizon iPhone 6 and not all versions will work.   Can anyone confirm that this will (or will not) work?

Thank you,

Bryan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 in Thailand
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bryanparke,

We're glad you reached out to us so we can assist with your service questions while traveling. Our 4G LTE devices are unlocked to work with international SIM cards. All you have do is insert it and make sure CMDA is disabled in Settings>Cellular>Roaming.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bryanparke,

We're glad you reached out to us so we can assist with your service questions while traveling. Our 4G LTE devices are unlocked to work with international SIM cards. All you have do is insert it and make sure CMDA is disabled in Settings>Cellular>Roaming.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
wynnnj1977
Enthusiast - Level 3

All Verizon iPhones (5, 5s, and 6) works in Thailand. I went to Thailand to visit my family last year, I used iPhone 5 and 5S Verizon and everything works perfectly fine (I used AIS carrier because it has the best reception there). I got iPhone 6 and put Thai SIM card in and work without issue. 

0 Likes