iPhone 6 receiving duplicate text messages most of the time
wblake

My iPhone 6 and apps are up to date (iOS 8.4) but in the last month or so I have been receiving duplicate text messages from some people most of the time, but not always. The duplicate messages come in at the same instant and cause 2 notification alerts.  These are real text messages, not iMessages, and I'm using the normal Apple "Messages" app.

This has happened in the past too, but not as frequently as the past month.  So I don't suspect it has to do with a recent upgrade to iOS 8.4.

Some duplicate text messages are from AT&T phones, while others are from known Verizon customers.

Any thoughts on how to stop these duplicate text messages?

Thanks, Wade

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 receiving duplicate text messages most of the time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wblake,

I know that would bother me a little too and we're definitely here to help. Sometimes if reception is low when attempting to send a message this would happen and can occur with either the sending or receiving party or even both. Are you aware if this happens in specific locations or all locations? Occur both indoors and outdoors?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 receiving duplicate text messages most of the time
wblake

It's both indoors and outdoors, and with high or low signal strength

0 Likes